Volunteer Midas

bubles823

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help I can get. We just purchased a 1976 Volunteer Midas and have some questions or if anyone know's where we can get a manual. Does anyone know anything about these dinasour's?

C Nash

Re: Volunteer Midas

Welcome to the forum Lisa. Doubt you will find a manual for your Midas unless someone has one stashed back somewhere. If you need info on the appliances you can find help by goggling the mfg .

bubles823

Tried finding manufacturer website but nothing comes up. Probably because it is so old. I do not know where to go from here. Thanks for your help though.

Lisa

C Nash

You want find anything from Midas Lisa. Did you search for some of the appliance MFG? Most all them should be still around.

bubles823

Not really looking for appliances, more having to do with electric brakes. Also looking for the holding tank specs. That is why we would love to have the manual. Just can not find anyone who owns one that we can questions.

Lisa

bubles823

Hi Chelse, we just want to make sure they are working, maybe do alittle maintenance on them but know nothing about them. We also have a problem with the fridge. It works great on A/C but doesnt cool enough on propane. It is weird because we also have that problem on our fridge in our 2003 popup. Know what may cause this?

Lisa

Kirk

Lisa,

Your refrigerator problem is pretty unique as the propane supplies much more energy than the electric heater and usually it is just the reverse. For that reason I would have to suspect there is a problem in the burner area. Have you vacuumed it out lately? If there are bug nests or other obstructions in the burner it will not burn cleanly and so work poorly.

If you can tell us the make and model of the refrigerator it would also be helpful. With an RV that is 33 years old a failing refrigerator would not be a great surprise.

Are the brakes electric? If so then you should have a large magnet at each wheel to operate them. Other parts are pretty similar to what you would find in any brake system.

C Nash

Lisa, you can google the brakes and get pretty good information on how they work. If they are electric you will need voltage supplied to them from a brake controler in the tow vehicle. The ground circuit also has to be good. As kirk said they have a magnet in each wheel. This is all assuming they are electric. Surge brakes will have a unit on the tongue and work off hydraulics.
The only other thing on the fridge that I can add to what Kirk told you is it needs to be close to level to work properly.