washer

chaz58

I have 08 Fleetwood Discovery have decided to winterize the unit myself. Can anyone instruct me on how to winterize the washer?

H2H1

Re: washer

That was they way we did ours. But since we don't use it it has never been de-winterized. We are thinking of pulling it out and installing some cabinet drawers for more food storage.

Triple E

We have a bearing going out on ours. So let me know how difficult it is to get it out. I not sure if I can get mine thru the door.

:8ball:

H2H1

will do Steve, but I am not taking on the job. I will be paying someone to do it right. :laugh: . But I will let you know how difficult it is or was.

elkhartjim

Check with mfg on winterizing or move further south...whichever is easy.

Winterizing Your Machine
If needed, follow these steps to winterize your machine:
• With the machine power OFF, put 1/2 quart of R.V.-type
antifreeze in the drum. Close the door.
• Turn the Program Selector knob to Spin. Turn the power On.
Let the machine spin for 1-2 min.
• Turn the power OFF. Unplug the washer or disconnect power.
• Shut off both water faucets. Disconnect water inlet hoses
from faucets and drain. DONE!

utmtman

Not sure how your cabinets are set up but I have taken my washer out twice due to problems with the plug outlet that its plugged into. Only problem was it being a pain in the but and the bottom wood frame got damaged the last time I took it out, I had trouble lifting it over it. Old age I guess, not as strong as I once was or something to that effect.

H2H1

well Lee I don't think mine has ever been used. And that is why I am going to have someone take it out. I am not as good as I once was, but very good once than I ever was :laugh:

elkhartjim

If its a Splendide, used very little, it should be worth at least $750. We use the heck out of ours. If the gray tank is empty when we leave and the genset is running, we've been known to have clean/dry clothes when we arrive at the next destination.

H2H1

Yes Jim it is a Splendi washer/dryer combo. I know since we have own this MH it has never been used. I bought it when it was 2 years old and only 12,000 miles on it , so I really don't think it has been used at all, it looks brand new. So you think it worth 750.00 wow. want to buy it? :laugh: OK ANYONE WANT A W/D COMBO REAL CHEAP :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

elkhartjim

About the lowest price I've seen is $1200. New of course. You might place an ad on Craig's List, but the problem is people will want to see it run so it needs to left in the mh till it sells. You may be able to hookit up outside...don't know, but I've had good luck talking to Splendide customer service, worth a call maybe.