water temp fluctuating

jpeterman57

When using on board water from any faucet in my 2004 Fleetwood Prowler TT 24BH, the temperature fluctuates hot/cold as the water pump cycles on and off.
I've also noticed the water only heats to luke warm regardless of gas or electric operation.
I hope someone can give me a solution.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: water temp fluctuating

sounds to me your water heater bypass valves are not right....actually the cross over valve is still open and needs to be closed.

onthecoach

I agree w/ Ken!!! I had the same problem the first year we were full-timing. DH and I had done the winter to summer clothes switch over and all of a sudden the water temps were completely screwy!! It took several days for me to find the bypass valve -- positioned at the bottom of the closet!!! Clearly the process of moving the clothes back and forth nudged the valve to the partially open position! Once in proper position -- we have had NO PROBLEMS!!! Biggest challenge was FINDING the darned thing!!! :laugh:

jpeterman57

RE: water temp fluctuating

Thanks Kenneth and Lynn, I'll look for it next time I'm down at the farm and let you know what I found out.
Thanks again.

jpeterman57

Removed 4 screws from the inside panel behind the water heater and found two valves at the heater tank. Took a wild guess and turned one off and tried the water. That fixed the problem.
I suppose it had been left in that position from the previous owners winterization.
The space behind the heater is cavernous with just a few wires and waterlines. This space could be utilized for storage or something.

G

well good ,, glad u found the problem ,, and posted us back on it :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :)

brodavid

good answers and good job fixing it, that is why we read this forum