water temp fluctuating

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by jpeterman57, Jun 3, 2009.

1. jpeterman57

jpeterman57 New Member

When using on board water from any faucet in my 2004 Fleetwood Prowler TT 24BH, the temperature fluctuates hot/cold as the water pump cycles on and off.
    I've also noticed the water only heats to luke warm regardless of gas or electric operation.
    I hope someone can give me a solution.

2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: water temp fluctuating

sounds to me your water heater bypass valves are not right....actually the cross over valve is still open and needs to be closed.

3. onthecoach

onthecoach Senior Member

I agree w/ Ken!!! I had the same problem the first year we were full-timing. DH and I had done the winter to summer clothes switch over and all of a sudden the water temps were completely screwy!! It took several days for me to find the bypass valve -- positioned at the bottom of the closet!!! Clearly the process of moving the clothes back and forth nudged the valve to the partially open position! Once in proper position -- we have had NO PROBLEMS!!! Biggest challenge was FINDING the darned thing!!! :laugh:

4. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Usually located right on the back of the water heater.

5. jpeterman57

jpeterman57 New Member

RE: water temp fluctuating

Thanks Kenneth and Lynn, I'll look for it next time I'm down at the farm and let you know what I found out.
    Thanks again.

6. jpeterman57

jpeterman57 New Member

Removed 4 screws from the inside panel behind the water heater and found two valves at the heater tank. Took a wild guess and turned one off and tried the water. That fixed the problem.
    I suppose it had been left in that position from the previous owners winterization.
    The space behind the heater is cavernous with just a few wires and waterlines. This space could be utilized for storage or something.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

well good ,, glad u found the problem ,, and posted us back on it :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :)

8. brodavid

brodavid Senior Member

good answers and good job fixing it, that is why we read this forum