WD Hitch set-up

jcpeck

Purchased new TT and set up hitch per great instructions from this site. Hitch is draw-tite. Tow vehicle is new Tundra. TT is 25' Trailblazer. Rear end of truck sits down about 2" with TT. I start hooking up spring bars and measuring rear end height to bring back to initial measurement. I am measuring front end also as it went up with TT hooked on.
I can get both measurements back to where they were without the TT hooked on but have only 5 links of chain between the apring bar and the conection point. Also the spring bar does not quite clear the trailer frame. I took the hitch to a trailer place and asked them to add tilt to the hitch but they said it was already at max. I look at the hitch ball and there is an angle there but looks like it could be increased.

Any comments would be appreciated.

C Nash

Re: WD Hitch set-up

frist thing I would do is ck the trailer hitch weight. what is the spring bar ratings?

jcpeck

TT hitch weight is 800 lbs and spring bars are 1000 lbs. I also have 750 lb. bar but thought they were too light.

C Nash

Have you actually had the trailer weighed fully loaded or is that the stated weight? Think I remember another Tundra owner complain about sagging the rear on the new models. Just does not sound right for the Toyotas. You may have to go with helper springs. The five links left on the chain should be ok. What kind of hitch do you have?

C Nash

JC you might want to ck Bart19s post with problems like you are having if you have not already read it. His was a much heavier rig than yours but the Toyotas seem to be not what they are billed for towing. Maybe some other Tundra owners with experience in towing will give some answers.