Where can I buy a motorhome on the eastcoast?

thebuke

Hi all,
My wife and I are 2 Australians flying to New York later this month, and we are planning to buy a Class B motorhome (something small 19' or so). All we need is a bed, fridge, cooker and steering wheel (4 tires will also do ;) ). We have been looking online and there are some around which look good, however we really want to be able to go and have a look at them when we arrive. The problem is that we can't seem to get a gauge where there are a large cluster of RV/motorhome dealerships.
Does anyone know of an area on the east coast (not too far from New York if possible) that has a large number of dealerships?
Otherwise, do you know of any dealerships that focus on Class B motorhomes, or have a really big range?
Finally, does anyone have any class B motorhomes around the $10,000-$15000 price range that they are willing to sell?
We are new to the motorhoming thing in the USA, and would appreciate any advice.
We are looking forward to hearing from you all!
Cheers,
Duncan

Pillaz

RE: Where can I buy a motorhome on the eastcoast?

Welcome Duncan,

There are not clusters of RV dealers in the NY metro area. I would suggest that you do a search for Rv dealers in New York. The metro area will not have many. I know I would not want to drive an RV in NY city. You may have to drive to New Jersey or Pennsylvania. There are some reputable dealers in upstate NY but that would be a couple hour drive from the Airport. At the price that you mentioned I would try Ebay or Craigslist for long Island, Queens. Do your research and good luck.

try2findus

Re: Where can I buy a motorhome on the eastcoast?

Big Bilko, sounds like you could also offer them some good advice to go along with Jim's...

big bilko

We had an agent buy ours in California and send it over.We do not have much to offer about availability of units for sale or lease in USA.All we can suggest is to drive on the other side of the road to what you are used to in Australia. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Regards BIG BILKO.

merri10

Campers inn, Merrimack, NH and Camping world in Chichester NH