WINNEBAGO TRANSMISSION HELP!!!

jamesm

Hello, i am not sure where to post this, so sorry if i am in the wrong place... i have a 2003 winnebago journey dl.. the problem i am having is with the WTEC III controller for the allison transmission...the shift pad will not light up at all..i have check the grounds at the controller plug and i do have a constant power on the trans power wire. if i put power to the "sensor power" wire at the plug i get the shift pad to light but not do anything. What should i be looking for...i am totally lost...thanks James

dbarton291

Re: WINNEBAGO TRANSMISSION HELP!!!

There is an ignition circuit that is supposed to power the shifter when the key is turned on. I would highly recommend going to www.allisontransmission.com and get one of their WTEC III troubleshooting manuals. There's a publications section of the website from which you can order one. If you're going to do your own troubleshooting, I think you'd really find it to be a big help. It won't have the vehicle wiring in it, but it will at least tell you what all the wires for the Allison are for.

dbarton291

I forgot to mention one thing. Don't be jumping power to circuits if you don't know what you're doing. Sensor power is normally a five volt output. If you jumped 12 volts input to it, you may damage something.....like your controller.

AMSOIL DEALER

You are correct...

Allison Needs two signals. One is a direct power wire to battery voltage. The other is a wire off the Ign. side, this is the "wake up" signal to the Allison computer. Should be a fuse for both of these.