Winterweather

MDThayer

I am taking my 2000 Mini Winnie to New Mexico (Angel Fire) the middle of March. I was told that if my holding tanks are exposed they will freeze within 1 hour (personally don't want that). How do I make my "Mini" winterweather? Is there some kind of insulation? Help! Also, is there a some type of heater for your water hose? Thought I saw one the other day.

Diane Thayer
2000 Mini Winnie
2 Kayaks &
1 Golden Retriever

DL Rupper

Re: Winterweather

Hey Diane, where are you starting from? If you stay down South on say I-10 you shouldn't have too much of a problem. If all else fails, dump a couple of gallons of RV anti-freeze in each holding tank. Are you sure your tanks are exposed? In March I don't think you will need a heater for your water hose. If you're worried, go to Lowes and buy some ten foot lengths of plumbing pipe insulation. It is round and has a slit down the length of it. You can wrap it around your water hose/connections and secure it with some duct tape. However, you will have to do this and every time you move. You only need to do it if the temperature is going to be below around 25/26 degrees. Another alternative is to let one of your water taps inside the RV drip all night to keep the water moving. if you are stating up North, just don't put any water in any of your tanks and head South as fast as you can go. Don't use your tanks until you get down where it is warm.

TexasClodhopper

Heck, don't stop 'til ya git down here to Texas! Won't have problems with freezin' in March, I'm here to tell ya!

The tanks on my Winnie have heaters on them. Just turn 'em on!

MDThayer

RE: Winterweather

More Info:

I am coming from Houston, TX and going to New Mexico (North part) for snowboarding. We will be there a full week (Spring Break). The tanks are exposed because I bought the Minni in Missouri and we brought it to the South but before we could the tanks froze. Don't know if the tanks have a heater. Would the pink "fluid" work for the tanks?

Thanks for both your suggestions.

Diane Thayer
2000 Minnie Winnie
2 kayaks
1 Golden Retriever

G

RE: Winterweather

yep ,, put the pink stuff in the gray and black tanks,,, won't hurt a thing ,, but rember that when u empty them ,, u'll also be emptying the pink stuff out ,, so stock up ;) :) :)

MDThayer

Thanks for the heads up. Would a gallon in each be good enough or even more than that?

I've posted an electrical problem, don't suppose you could help? We are about to have to take it to a dealer to look at I guess.

Diane

H2H1

come on guys help the lady out, we got some smart mech out there, so pitch in

LEN

I would carry the antifreeze and then play by Ear. The average day temp is 47 the night is 15, big variance. You might need it you might not. You will need heat at night and with cabinets open nothing will freeze if the temps do go low for a short time. But if the temps are going to be low and there is no heat I would winterize.

LEN