1995 gulfstream diesel problems and questions

the dealer i work at have had this 1995 gulfstream 40' diesel for about 3 months now and nobody has figured out how to keep the generator locked into place. i looked under it today and found out it looks like the latch isn't latching correctly i got it to latch once and when i went to go move it the generator came out again. it is on a slide in the front and i have to get this fixed. anyone have any suggestions or know of any problems that have been fixed with this unit. if you need more info i can get it

I have a safty pin in mine. There is a hole through both the inner and outer slide and a clevis pin with a cotter pin holds it if the latch doesn't. That should fix the problem. Good luck!!

I don't have a picture but yes, it is very simple. The track is a multiple track much like tracks used in drawers in your home cabnets. When it is closed all of the tracks are together side by side. At that point drill a hole through all the tracks (side ways) in an area where nothing is in the way. Then put a pin in the hole and secure it with a cotter pin or hair pin. I hope this helps.

is that in the front or the rear of the generator. i still have to make it easy for a customer to open the door for service

That model is supposed to have a safety latch - set so that you cannot pull the generator slide out while the engine (motorhome engine) is running. Sounds like you may have to replace the latch or the solenoid.

Bill

The access to mine is very easy. If you can't do this then there is probably a latch to replace. Is there a cable to release the generator? Do you pull it or is there some other release? They are not all the same. What I told you is sure way to make sure it doesn't come out on its own but nothing fancy.

well on this unit there is a latch that pulls what looks to be a bear claw latch on the generator side and a pin on the coach side. the latch seems to be the part failing and the slide portion is actually on wheels not actually slides