2008 Forest River Wildcat LSBS

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: 2008 Forest River Wildcat LSBS

Your right, he posted this on 8-12 and last on 8-13, so maybe he did read at least some of the responses.

Congrats on having a good RV. Just so you know, I used to sell Salem and Sierra. I had no big problems with the units I sold, but how FR handled warranty is why I quit selling them. Over the years, I have seen a LOT of FR product with problems, I hope you never do.

Kirk

As far as I can see, yazookid1987 only made that first post and if he has been back, it was only to read replies. I don't see any further posts from him. As Ken said, what he has is pretty standard and he really should have known the limits going if, if he has the understanding that he seems to have. I'm no fan of FR, but that one is no different than a bunch of other RVs. Fifty amp service is getting to be fairly common on RVs that have two air conditioning units, but very few that don't have but one.

deniloo

RE: 2008 Forest River Wildcat LSBS

I understand not wanting to use the gas if you are full timing but for the weekend campers....I don't see what the problem would be to use your propane for hot water. It doesn't use very much to run that off the gas. A full tank lasts quite a few weekends and $20 to fill it back up doesn't seem too costly. Just my opinion.....

davepcpowernet

First, I am new to this forum but am a long time Rver, having started with a canopy on a pickup over 40 years ago to campers to travel trailers to our present class C - an '06 Forest River Forester.

Second, I am amazed at all of the bad mouthing at FR. Mine has nearly zero problems and what there have been were promptly taken care of by the dealer or I have fixed myself. Those kinds of things are to be expected. Has anybody here ever owned a boat?

Third, the address, phone numbers and website are printed on the bottom of the unit brochures - -Forest River, Inc. 914 C.R. 1 Elkhart, IN 46514
574.262.2212 800.445.2825 www.forestriverinc.com

Fourth, I contacted FR to get a replacement glass globe for a light. Sent me one no charge within a week. The original bit the dust (actually the table) on the Top of the World Highway in Yukon Territory.

Fifth, I have a 30 amp service that has only tripped a pedestal breaker in one campground that had a defective breaker. I would guess that more than half of the CGs we have stayed in only have 30 amp service. The rest usually only have a limited number of 50 amp. There are a few exceptional ones with 20/30/50 for all sites, and invariably they are the most expensive ones. Bend Oregon; Phoenix, Arizona; San Jose, California; near Jamestown, Virginia are the ones that come to mind.

TexasClodhopper

"Second, I am amazed at all of the bad mouthing at FR"

Dave, if you hang around, you'll find out that it isn't "bad mouthing".

DL Rupper

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have had a good experience with your FR product. When someone asks us on the forum, should I buy a FR product it is only ethical for us to tell them what we have seen, read and understand about the product.

If I asked a bunch of RV owners what they thought of a product and they lied and told me it was great and I bought a lemon I'd be somewhat annoyed. The RV magazines don't ever tell you anything negative about a product or they will lose advertising $$$$. So where do you go to get an opinion. Yes I said opinion. That's all we give.

We don't have anything to gain or lose in telling someone if a product is good or bad. It's just an opinion based on what we have observed over many years RVing. Like I always have said if you have a good FR product more power to you. Our opinion shouldn't have anything to do with your enjoyment of the product. :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

GUESS WHAT! Last night we were running the AC, Water Heater, TV and Refer. on Elec. and the 30 amp. main breaker at the CG's pole tripped. We have done that many times before, so I don't think we were overloading it, but the place is full so it could have been low power. I had to change my Water Heater to GAS. So goes the life on 30 amp. power.

DL Rupper

Ken, try an Autoformer. Keeps the power (Voltage) up in the safe zone. I also use a plug-in voltage moniter. Wouldn't leave home without one. Well I wouldn't travel in my home without a Autoformer. :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I could get my 50amp adapter out and use that side of the box, but I have not. Switched back to elec. on the water heater today and have had no problems. Maybe just a glitch.