4 point vs 2 point hitches

A dealer wants to install a 4 point anti sway and weight dist bar to my new TT. The cost is naturally more than I would spend on internet purchase. Question: being new to TT vacationing, is this a wise move to spend extra $$ and let dealer install a 4 point than save and install lesser cost and lesser point hookup?

LEN

A 4 point is a good way to go, but if he is charging a lot to install I'd do it my self, only 4 bolts and a pin.
But if his price is on let him do the work.
Or get the trailer home and do it yourself in a few minutes.
Either way go with a good anti sway devise.

LEN

LEN

Looks good but how do you hook it up? On the ones I'm used to you use a lever to put the tension on the Weight Distribution portion. How do you do the loading with this unit? Surely you don't have to use a ratchet wrench each time. It must be simple I just don't see it.

LEN

I can tell you for sure, it is as easy as Ken says. I've used mine, which I bought from Grandview Trailer Sales, at many stops from Virginia through North and South Caroline, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana.

The only thing I'm going to change is to use a longer breaker bar to get a little more leverage, because I have some problems with my wrists at times.

This hitch works. It is a definite improvement on the traditional style.

C Nash

TexasClodhopper;83839 said:
I can tell you for sure, it is as easy as Ken says. I've used mine, which I bought from Grandview Trailer Sales, at many stops from Virginia through North and South Caroline, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana.

The only thing I'm going to change is to use a longer breaker bar to get a little more leverage, because I have some problems with my wrists at times.

This hitch works. It is a definite improvement on the traditional style.
TexasClodhopper, how did you get from Fl to Ms without going through Alabama?