BARE HANDS on the sewer conections

C Nash

Re: BARE HANDS on the sewer conections

remember Mother cooking on the coal fired stove and there was sure some fine food cooked there. Nothing better than coming in from school getting one of those big old baked sweet tatters out of the warmer above the stove and after a stop by the smokehouse and getting a slice of salt pork out of the salt box then hit the woods with my dogs and 22 rifle to get the squirrels that Mother would cook on the stove the next morning for breakfast. Yep, those were some pretty good days. Only had to bath once a week because we had to heat water on the stove. Did get a little cleaner in the summer because a daily trip with soap to the creek for cool off was welcome. No electric bill, water bill, didn't need a car even though Daddy always had one in the shed but it was for Saturday going to town and seeing Roy Rogers or Rex Allen movies. Thought eating out just meant going on picnics. No rent, no house payment and very few grocery to buy. Daddy would work the hoot owl shift in the mines and then come home and hook up the muel and plow the field. I was only a kid so didn't realize how hard he worked at the time but for us kids those were good days. Did hate to chop cotton and pick it. Daddy always said I was the hunter and my brother was the farmer which suited me fine. Well enough for the good old days :approve:

ARCHER

Chelse, gosh ya should write a book on the "good ole days". Sounds a lot like what it was like when I was a child. Mother passed when I was only 4 and Daddy when I was 10. Sure did miss a lot by not having them around when I grew up. Didn't see a TV til I was 10. Can't imagine what kids would do without their TVs, Radios, those other things for "music". Guess they would have to communicate by actually "talking to you face to face". Ole well, things are better today then most things from the past. ;)

H2H1

How did we go from sanitizing our hand after dumping the black tank to good old days? But I admit I enjoyed everyone comments, it just remind me how lucky and blessed I am. All I need now is an oil well and gas pump :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: Hey Tex got one for sale and not dry :laugh:

DARLING

I guess when we were all young & carefree(stupid) we never thought about germs & stuff like that like we do now.

Darlin :cool:

C Nash

Hollis, you know how it is here, once we give a legit answer we just get kind of goffy :laugh:
Archer you beat me a couple years on the TV. Think I was 12 and both stations signed off before midnight :eek: :laugh:

DARLING

Did they play the National Anthem when they signed off? Did you get the test pattern afterwards?

C Nash

Watch out now Darlin or you might tell your age :laugh: : Yes and yes

DARLING

We never had a tv till 1960-61 & it was black & white. All us kids sat on the floor in front it. I think it was about 20 inch.

C Nash

Now you know we have a truth meter here and it just went off the scale :laugh:

DARLING

I think it was not till 67-68 that we got a color tv. We had ARRIVED because our neighbors still had black & white.

C Nash

Wow you mean you now have a color tv :eek: I still have to put color paper on front of ours :laugh:

DARLING

Honey's birthday is next month (7-7) & he bought a 32" digital/high def tv for his birthday. It is a lot easier to ask what do you want than to try & buy a surpise gift.

C Nash

HeHe now you done told us his birthday ahead of time :evil:

C Nash

Now he gets a apron, mop and broom :laugh: . He don't deserve a vacuum cleaner :eek: :laugh:

DARLING

Whats fair is fair. I help him change the oil in the coach & genny. I am the official tool gopher.

You know behind every good man is a woman kicking hin in the butt

G

now i am too young to say anything about most of those things ,, but i can remember when we got a black and white tv ,, with remote ,, the remote had a long cable attched to it ,, and it spunn the channel selector ,, it made a hell of a noise ,, also i can remember my granmother ,, killing a live chicken on Sunday morning ,, and cooking it for dinner after church ,, and i have also had possum ,, and a few ducks ,, but the one time i had duck ,, my GM forgot to remove the oil sack ,, and i bit into it ,, now duck is outta my menu :dead: :approve: :laugh: :laugh:
My da did have to quit school when he was in the 7th grade ,, to work on the farm ,, and all his family had farms ,, and livestock ,, i guess that is why i wanted to get into it ,,, it's fun at times ,, but in these days ,, the cost is more than the fun of it ,,, i now know why all the yuonger generations are selling the old farm and ,, they inherited it ,, now they don't want to spend the money to run it ,, so they sell it ,,, very sad ,, IMO :) :)

G

u can say that for sure darlin ,, but i'm keeping mine ,, even when i go ,, i'm taking it with me ,,, yea right ,, my kids love our big open space with no neighbors ,, i don't think they'll give that up ,, but i may be wrong :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

WeekendRver

I keep a box in next to the tanks and always make sure to wash my hands afterwards or else my wife won't let me touch her! haha :p