done with it all

G

Re: done with it all

Carol i agree ,, and as u'r husband ,, i have been down the auto/truck road before ,, i started out working as a Diesel tech out of school ,, working for Kenworth ,, then many other jobs after that ,, and i know about the way they pay techs Flat Rate ,, yes u can make a killing when the work is there ,, but starve when it is not ,, but i had to switch to auto mechanics just for that reason ,, truck and heavy equip is knda sesonal ,, and plus i was on the service truck ,, which meant many days and nights on the road to somewhere ,, but i have made up my mind ,, and i am going for broke :laugh: :laugh: ,, can't get much more ,, but i and my help have made a decision ,, we are gonna do and be the best we can be ,, even if we lose some money along the way ,, but we will gain a customer or 2 ,, that is the biggest thing ,, but the deal i am working on ,, is a onsight perminent rv repair business ,, not saying where yet ,, due to the fact ,, that it is not a done deal yet ,, and don't anyone else that may know say ,, since i do know that some of my competetors read this forum ,, but if it works out i will have an onsight and mobile bussiness covering most of the major tourist parts of the smokey mountain area ,, and that is where the money is ,, but as i said ,, not a done deal yet ,, but again thanks to all for u'r support ,, :approve: :approve:

cwishert

That's the spirit Rod. I hope that the deal goes without a hitch and you are on your way soon. Some day I may get to the Smokey Mountians. Until then I will just have to wish you luck from here. :)

Pillaz

Rod, lets face it you can't leave the forum. You have given me a ton of great advice. Good things happen to good people. Things will turn around. I know I have been there. A few years ago i had an ugly divorce. Lost my business, house, and all of my money. I came back from visiting my Dad who had a stoke to being unemployed, peniless and no home. Things were dark. I faught my way back, started another business, worked hard and for now I'm at least middle class. I am in business for myself and god knows the ecconomy is bad but just remember that material things are just "stuff". Being a good person and good comunity member is far more important. Also you are not alone. This ecconmy is taking a lot of businesses out.
God will open another path for you. I am sure that eveything will work out. Good luck in your new venture. :)

*scooter*

As I sit here and read the previous posts, I started to tear up. Maybe stupid, but that's the truth.
Rod, thanks for not leaving.

TexasClodhopper

Roger, what was it that got to you?

Was it that one of "us" was quitting? Perhaps finding out that he wasn't quitting?

Or was it that there are so many of "us" that feel connected to each other in some way or another?

It's hard to describe ...

*scooter*

I guess it was a little of everything. It was very hard to hear that Rod was giving up. What a tough decision that must have been. Then to hear all of the RV family here give him support and understanding. We all have our personal lives and some how share similar feelings. Simply, I was moved by the whole situation.

TexasClodhopper

That's what I was thinkin', too.

When we stick together we can be a pretty formidable force.

Don't try that again, Rod! :clown:

G

yea happy BD ,, and btw ,, did u ever get outtta Nash's compartment ,,sorry i completly forgot about u ,, nash did mention that his rv was a bit heaverier ,, :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :8ball: :8ball:

*scooter*

Thanks for the BD sentiment, and I did make it out of the compartment. I would sneak back in if I new he was headed to the 'Meet and Greet'. Maybe next time.... :( :laugh: :laugh: