Eliminating Windows

Gary B

Eliminating Windows

Hi Tammi, the windows are fairly easy to remove, it might be easier to remove the glass and fill the frame with plywood & foam insulation, you could then either figerglass the exterior plywood, or paint it or get alum siding, just an idea. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

Eliminating Windows

Just wondering why you are taking a window out :question: Never heard of anyone taking one out unless it was broken.
Ray

Eliminating Windows

Also wondering why you want to remove a window? Seems to be asking for a future problem to say nothing about effecting resale. :question: :question:

ARCHER

Eliminating Windows

Will be interesting to know/understand why you want to remove a window. You know, if it is not done perfect it might leak. Safety??
Why not just put up curtains or paint the window black.....ha ha :laugh:

Eliminating Windows

I am using this RV as a mobile pet grooming unit, and the windows will end up covered by a raised tub and tub surround. I thought it would look funny from the outside. I am not concerned with resale value, if I do sell it down the line it will be to another mobile groomer :laugh: I am covering the inside of the Rv with FRP, and it won't fit flush against the walls because of the windows. :( It is not an emergency exit. The potential leaking is what I am concerned about. I think the filling it in with plywood/foam insulation is a great idea and I will let my husband know.
I promise I will share pictures when it is all finished. It should be interesting!

Eliminating Windows

Tammi

Another way to eleminate the window that will look verynice from the outside would be to remove the glass from the frame nd install a piece of opaque plexiglass in its place. Plexiglass comes in a variety of different colors, one of which would compliment your rv/

ARCHER

Eliminating Windows

POPPA,
I think that is a great idea and one that will not jeapordize the leak issue. good thinking.... :clown:

Eliminating Windows

Thank you Poppa!
I am getting it repainted too, I think I will see if the guy doing the work can take out the windows. The leak issue scares me :dead: