Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

jk

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I have 2004 f-350 diesel with all of the problems you mentioned and more.This is my 3rd new diesel and this 6.0 is absolute crap!!I've done my head gaskets,rear axel seals,front axel,locking hub assembly and now new its been in the shop for almost 21/2 weeks putting in new heads!I have probably had at least 6 weeks of down time in this truck since I got it!I tried to use the lemon law [ in Canada]but one little line says that if you use the truck for buisness purposes you don't qaulify which I use it for all the time!I have learnt that the only way you can get to Ford is through your dealership.They have to go to bat for you or your done!!I have finally decided t o order a 2006 f -350 with my fingers crossed that this one will be better.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Why the heck would you do that? It is still the 6.0 with ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS. The new engine won't come out until sometime in the '07 model year. I have a customer who has two 2005's and can't keep them out of the shop. One of them just got out after changing all the injectors and then had THREE different oil leaks. Same truck is on it's second turbo. About 30K miles. All I can say is GOOD LUCK. Its folks like you that keep Ford in business.

Don't get me wrong, I did buy THREE Ford F-350's. I will NEVER own another. One of them cut off on us at 70mph going down the interstate. That is just ONE of the MANY interesting things.

I have 2 GM Duramax's now. They may both lay down this week, but so far I have about 80K on both trucks and the only time I have had to touch the engines is to change the oil and fuel filters. If you don't believe me, try one.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

If you've read my previous postings, you'll understand why I think your crazy to buy another 6.0. Don't forget the definition of insanity. Someone who does the same thing over and over and each time expects a different outcome.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

If you've read my previous postings, you'll understand why I think your crazy to buy another 6.0. Don't forget the definition of insanity. Someone who does the same thing over and over and each time expects a different outcome.

ti

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Ihave a 05 6ltr with 24000mikes. The milage is poor and I have recently had it back to the dealer twice in the last 2 weeks , the truck lost power and eventually quit. At the time I was pulling a stock trailer full of cows. To make a long story short they had to replace two injectors, it ran fine for a week then started acting up again, I took it back and the had to reolace one of the injectors they had just put in.In questioning the shop foreman , I find out Ford does not use new injectors , but refurbished ones. I have owned 5 super duties since 1999 and this 6 ltr. is a piece of you know what.

ti

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Ihave a 05 6ltr with 24000mikes. The milage is poor and I have recently had it back to the dealer twice in the last 2 weeks , the truck lost power and eventually quit. At the time I was pulling a stock trailer full of cows. To make a long story short they had to replace two injectors, it ran fine for a week then started acting up again, I took it back and the had to reolace one of the injectors they had just put in.In questioning the shop foreman , I find out Ford does not use new injectors , but refurbished ones. I have owned 5 super duties since 1999 and this 6 ltr. is a piece of you know what.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

You won't find anyone that owns the 6.0L Ford engine that has anything good to say about it. Not if they've driven it over 10,000 miles. It is probably the best marketing job they ever could of done for they're competition.

Qbanpimp

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I am a huge truck fan and have owned a Dodge, GM Duramax, and now a 2005 Ford F-350 Duallie. Anyone who is not a Ford fan is laughing now because they are having tons of problems with their 6.0's but remember that both Dodge and GM had problems also, my Dodge broke more torque converters and transmissions that I considered entering it on the Guiness Book of World Records. My Duramax ran fine untill I hooked up the Nitrous and propane system and it broke the crankshaft in half. On my 05 F-350 I have a 150 shot of Nitrous with Propane and I can burn the rubber off my 24" rims rolling at 30MPH. I have 13K miles on it and have not had any problems with it yet but that does not mean that I wont. We must not forget that Ford has been the number one selling truck longer that I have been alive. I have faith that all their problems will be fixed soon.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Nice to hear from someone who's glass is half full. You only have 13k. Most people who buy these particular size trucks use them for business purposes (make a living). If you look through the previous postings, you'll see most people have also owned other brands that had their faults, but nothing like the 6.0, which Ford knows is defective and won't stand behind it. I also own a 2002 F-350 4X4 crew cab with the v-10 gas. Wouldn't trade it for the world. However, when I buy another pickup later this year, it won't be a ford because of my experience with the 6.0. I suspect within a year or two, the 6.0 fallout will catch up with them and they won't have the largest share of the diesel "work truck" market. Good luck with yours.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I don't believe they have it now. I may be wrong, but GM sold more total vehicles last year than anyone else. If anyone has ridden in another truck, they know Ford rides the roughest of all, even a local Ford salesman will admit that.
Anyone who hooks up Nitrous and Propane to their engine is only asking for trouble. If he is bragging about burning 24" tires off the rims, he has more money to waste than sense. These trucks weren't designed to run on Nitrous or 24" tires. The gears, driveshafts, bearings, THE WHOLE TRUCK, was NOT designed to be treated like that.
Fords FIX to the problem is to come out with a new engine. It will hit the market in the 2007 year model. They CAN'T fix the 6.0, so they are going to drop it after just 4 years.

JDSchwan

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I hope they do come out with a new engine soon. I have an 03 and 04 6.0 and am not very happy with either. Too much time in the shop! Now its the transmission. A sensor that is not covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. Go Figure? I also have a 2000 model F-250 with the 7.3 but it has made it almost 200,000 miles but not without its problems. New injectors, glow plugs, transmission, etc. Toyota is certainly looking better! I have been a Ford man since 1979 with my first F-150 with the 351 motified. Good Truck! What has happened to Ford Trucks? Built Ford Tough...? Not any more :(

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

What amazes me is there has been no class action lawsuit brought against this engine. Every federal agency and state agency (NY) I've communicated with dosen't really seem to care. Private lawyers I've talked with are only interested if there is an injury or potential injury involved. Guess that's where the money is. How Ford will recover from this fiasco I don't know. Guess they're relying on people blind enough to assume they're 07 engine will be better.

junedawg8

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

2003 6.0 liter, on start-up it fires then shuts off, 5-10 times, when it starts it shakes, rattles, sputters, blows black smoke until it warms up (15-20 minutes) you can floor the gas and it does nothing until it warms up. It is currently at ford having been diagnosed with 8 dead injectors. This is the third set of injectors in 3 years. What is causing this, what is ford not doing? Anyone ever have anything similar.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I just received a recall from Ford on my 03 F-350 Superduty 6.0. What your discribing sounds exactly what the recall is about. Contact your local dealer and ask them about recall 06E17.

luranrog

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

We have just put our 2004 f250 in the shop two days ago. They said, today, they had to replace 3 injectors. It was failing in pulling power, my husband replaced the fuel filters, which helped some, but it was still missing, so we put it in the shop and they have diagnosed as injector problem. We will see if this solves the problem.

luranrog

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

We put our f250 in the shop two days ago. We were pulling our camper and it started losing power. My husband replaced the fuel filters, this seemed to help, but the engine was still missing. The Ford shop says it is an injector problem and they have repaired. We will see if the problem is solved when we pick it up.

junedawg8

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Got the truck back from the dealership this evening. All eight injectors were replaced, they said the oil had fuel contamination, changed oil and fuel filters.

I asked the service manager why I am on my third set of injectors in 110,000 miles, his response was " the 6.0 is junk."

Nice, the 6.0 is junk. Well that junk just cost my company $3200.

The truck drives fine so far, but my problem this time around was cold-starting. I won't know until in the morning if the problem is masked again.

As for the recall, they said my VIN # doesn't show up in the computer,so they can't fix the recall until it does.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Junk is too gentle of a word for the 6.0. 32 visits to the dealer and 29 injecters later, I've reached this profound conclusion.