Ford Transit with Premium Van Package, many/most options, and lightweight camper conversion build - For Sale

mark79

i've decided to sell my van so i can put the funds towards purchasing land where i can build a small home or park a tiny home on. i didn't end up using it nearly as much as i thought i would. i took it on a couple trips north in the summers, and on some shorter trips around florida (where i live). if you can't make it down here to pick it up, i'd be happy to drive it anywhere in the united states to deliver it to you (if you cover the cost of gas and airfare back).

i special ordered this van from Ford to be custom built last year. i did a lot of research and went on multiple test drives before deciding on this combo. i'm working on writing a long, detailed article on why i chose this van and can copy/paste the link to it later. it's a bit of a rare + unique van to have everything it has.

the van has less than 18,000 miles (as of end of december 2018). it does pretty well on gas mileage when loaded with gear + the build. the whole time i've had it, i've manually calculated the overall mileage to be just over 18 mpg, and have seen as high as 25.7 mpg with cruise control at 50 mph, around 24.5 mpg at 57 mph, and 21 mpg at 65 mph (this includes being stuck in stop-and-go traffic for a little while).

here's a quick tour of it. i'll be posting a much longer and more detailed video very soon (its got a couple hours of rendering to go and then will have a 22-24 hour long trip to make it to youtube's servers). if you're not interested in any or all of the build as you rather make your own floorplan layout (or use the van for work, a higher end build, etc), i can take everything out if you prefer.

the build itself has the following features:

-- Nature's Head Compost Toilet in separate bathroom area
-- plastic shower "tub" with wooden slats (with many coatings for protection) and drain plumbed in (needs shower curtain + solar shower bag to be hung)
-- full size dual kitchen sink (installed on real wood countertop) with small faucet that runs off a Whale Gusher Galley Mk3 foot pump (which works quite well and saves on water compared to an electric pump)
-- queen size bed memory foam mattress (a corner at the feet side has been cut (and can work as a cushion against the wall) to give more room for bathroom)
-- Dometic CFX-50US CoolFreeze Portable Electric Compressor Cooler Refrigerator/Freezer (holds 50L or 1.8 cu ft, has low power draw, and runs off 12V or 120V)
-- Nicro Ventilation 4" Day/Night Solar Vent model # N20804W (has rechargeable battery and a light)
-- breathable closet for hanging lots of clothes
-- removable hanging storage shelf
-- pantry / storage cabinet with three shelves
-- always on 12V outlets
-- string lights
-- curtains for privacy
-- lockable storage under bed
-- 26 gallon fresh water tank with rv-type water hatch for filling
-- access to interior from cab / sliding door / rear doors can be locked off when dropping off van for service, valet, etc. (the longer video will explain how this works and have a couple of photos)
-- the only holes drilled into any part of the van were for plumbing + ventilation (and were done by someone with professional plumbing + construction experience). the main structure is held in place at the cargo tie-down points (and some smaller parts are attached via rivnuts using pre-existing holes).

here are all the options / specs that were special ordered / came from Ford:

-- 2017 Ford Transit-150 Van XL
-- Medium Roof
-- Long Wheelbase (148")
-- 3.7L Ti-VCT V6 Engine (275 H.P.)
-- 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive with SelectShift Transmission
-- 8600 GVWR
-- 3.73 Limited Slip Axle Ratio
-- Oxford White exterior
-- Premium Package - Van
-- Exterior Upgrade Package
-- CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package (includes hardened engine intake and exhaust valves and valve seats)
-- Modified Vehicle Wiring System
-- Privacy Glass
-- Rear-Window Defogger
-- Wheel Well Liners
-- AutoLamp with Rain-Sensing Wipers
-- Rear Bumper - Black
-- Spare Tire and Wheel (includes 4 ton jack and tool kit)
-- Perimeter Alarm
-- SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) with engine immobilizer
-- Reverse Sensing System (Reverse Park Aid)
-- Dual Heavy-Duty Batteries (70 amp-hours each, Absorbed Glass Mat)
-- Heavy-Duty Alternator
-- Fixed Rear-Door Glass and Fixed Driver and Passenger Side Cargo-Door Glass
-- Short-Arm Power Mirrors
-- 16-inch Steel Wheels with Full Silver Wheel Cover
-- 235/65R16C 121/119 R BSW All-Season Tires
-- Dual Sliding Doors
-- Pewter interior
-- Leather
-- MyKey
-- Level 2 Instrument Cluster
-- Front and Rear Vinyl Floor Covering (Complete)
-- Dual Vinyl Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirror
-- Cruise Control with Message Center
-- 6 Speakers (4 Front / 2 Rear)
-- Auxiliary Fuse Box (with High Spec Interface Connector)
-- High-Capacity Upfitter Switches
-- AM/FM Stereo with SYNC (with 4" multi-function display, Single-CD, USB port, steering wheel controls)
-- Pewter Grey Leather, 10-Way Power Driver and Front-Passenger Seats
-- Front License Plate Bracket
-- 50 State Emissions
-- Keys 2 Additional (4 total)
-- Chrome Grille + Grille Surround + Headlamp trim
-- Air Conditioning - Front
-- Center Console
-- Cargo Hooks
-- Powerpoints - 12V (3 total)
-- Power Locks and Windows
-- Power Steering
-- 25.0 Gallon Fuel Tank
-- Rear View Camera
-- Driver/Passenger Air Bags
-- Airbags - Side Air Curtains
-- 3 Point Safety Belts
-- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/ABS
-- AdvanceTrac w/RSC (Roll Stability Control)
-- Tire Pressure Monitor System
-- Load Area Protection Package (Full Height)

the cost to order the van alone with everything this one has would be $45k with tax/tag/fees/etc and would take several weeks to be built, a few weeks to be delivered, and then several more weeks to build out (and possibly a good number of weeks to research). this van is available today and would save you months of waiting and working. i'm open to reasonable offers from anyone interested in buying it. if the forum requires a price, i'll say $40k for it and its yours.

please share with anyone who might be interested.

to purchase the van, please contact me at:

http://www.MarkMarano.com/contact/