FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Did not mean to step on your toes Snowbird. I am glad you have had no problems. I used to sell the Sierra along with Salem. I have a used Sierra on my lot right now and it is a very nice trailer. Like I said, a lot of the "entry level" trailers we sell have zero problems.

*scooter*

Boy this subject makes for some interesting reading. I hope I don't get mis understood. !!

:laugh: :laugh:

G

If u get misunderstood , then i'm with u ,, but i can't comment on all the above post due to the fact that i have never owned a TT ,, but have worked on a few and this product ,,,,,, i won't comment about ,,, just had to many stupid repair stuff on them ,,,, now i'll get misunderstood on this post ,, oh well ,, i guess i'm an outlaw :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

The point of this thread is that we were asked for our OPINION on a certain RV product/manufacturer. When the opinion is provided, there seems to be a lot of people who really didn't want the opinion. Most people that ask if a certain brand is any good as they have either bought one or are going to buy one, really don't want to hear anything negative about the product. However, there are some really good RV's and some really bad ones. It doesn't really matter if they are entry level or top of the line. ;)

From the number of negative replies on FR it seems to be a product that the potential buyer should research extensively before buying. Even if the FR RV costs less than the competitor's model, price doesn't matter much if you have it in the shop getting repaired when you wanted to go RVing. This is just my opinion and I'm welcome to it. :laugh:

G

Go DL ,, GO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
sorry had to do that :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

I agree DL. Really was just trying to play the :evil: here and thought others with FR would chime in. Never knew that it would hit the chip on somes shoulders when I mentioned entry level because all of mine including the now "HUGE" 32ft :laugh: MH have been considered entry woops "entry" level units. Never bothered me what I owned or others had.
Ken I doubt that FR would care any more about me mistakely calling their units "entry" level than you accussing them of not honoring warranty. I'm sure they don't consider their top of the line MH entry level either.
Now Kirk is accused of knowing all just because he is willing to offer his opinion and experience free and I have made to many post :eek: and I guess DL has smelled to much Diesel smoke :laugh: and I'm to full oooof TURKEY

G

Ok ,, now how about a nice game of Chess :laugh:

Kirk

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

There is no RV manufacturer that I have ever heard of who is so bad that they have no satisfied customers nor are there any so good that they have no unhappy ones. But reputations are a product of voting with the majority view tending to create either a good one or a bad one. As far as I can see in this thread, there seem to be two who post with positive opinions. The majority seem to feel otherwise. I fail to see why so many owners take offense in differing opinions, as though somehow those who feel differently were attacking them personally.

Having never owned any product from Forest River and with no plans to do so, I only know what I read on the forums and a little from what I have actually seen, along with the experience of those I do know who have owned their products.

benwd

Kirk, you said,

"I fail to see why so many owners take offense in differing opinions, as though somehow those who feel differently were attacking them personally."

The thread was a fair discussion up until page 4 where you referred to another poster as a 'know it all' and then folks got a little testy. You were the first on this thread to attack someone personally and now your last post questions personal attacks.
What's that all about?

SnowbirdInFlight

Grandview Trailer Sa - 11/24/2007 8:25 AM Did not mean to step on your toes Snowbird. I am glad you have had no problems. I used to sell the Sierra along with Salem. I have a used Sierra on my lot right now and it is a very nice trailer. Like I said, a lot of the "entry level" trailers we sell have zero problems.

You didn't step on my toes Grandview. As I said before, maybe I'm the lucky one. I got mine in 2000 so maybe they were made better then. Although I will admit to wishing I had taken more time in choosing an RV. If I had my druthers, I'd get a fifth wheel with my own floor plan, but I'm sure having a custom made fifth wheel would be more than I could stand to pay, lol. I haven't had a trailer payment in three years, so that's my great incentive to stick with what I currently have. Makes camping so much cheaper when your RV is paid for!
happy0065.gif

thtravel.gif

DL Rupper

Hey Snowbirdinflight, That's for sure. I like my HitchHiker even more now that it's paid for. :laugh:

Kirk

SnowbirdInFlight

We all buy what we can afford and it is a sure thing that folks with deep pockets usually get more than us average folks. You sound like you feel as we did when we were last asked by a sales person what he had that might interest us. I told him that most everything he had shown us had one feature that there is no way we would accept. He quickly told us to just name the feature and he was sure that they could remove it from most anything he had in stock if that was all that stood in the way of us buying. Just what was it that I didn't want with a new motorhome? When I told him that we would not buy any RV that comes with a payment book, for some reason he excused himself and left!

benwd

kirk, I was hoping to get a response to my last post but maybe you didn't look back to see it.

benwd

Well texas, There are a few folks on the forums who have appointed themselves experts and then insult others for having a point of view. If no one ever called them on it they would just do it more and there would be more of them. So, it is a good thing to challenge these folks from time to time when they act like that, wouldn't you say?

TexasClodhopper

This isn't a forum for debate. It is an RV forum. We all express our opinions, pass along our experiences and it is always difficult to turn thoughts and experience into typewritten words. It seems to me that constantly challenging one person tends to get the thread (and forum) off topic, and we all lose.

It seems to me that the personal debates should be taken off the forum and onto other more appropriate venues.

That's my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I won't bother the forum again on this subject.

Ironhead

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Hello Friends, my name is Rob and i've been reading your forum for a few weeks now. i've been educated and entertained, thank you very much! My wife Hannah and I are in the market for a new fifth wheel and I have a few questions I need honest answers for so I can't ask a dealer. Briefly, my background in camping; My folks had a small class c for vacations and weekends when I was a kid. I've been tent camping for the last 20 yrs or so with every comfort including the kitchen sink. I've borrowed and rented a few small class c rigs, and Hannah and I lived in a 24ft class c for two months while remodeling an investment property.(Cozy unit, but we had a great time.) My intent is to use our camper for extended periods traveling across the country, exploring, meeting new friends, and mabey even working a little bit to keep my bennifits current.(I'm an Ironworker by trade) I've been reserching rvs and everything related for just about a year now, but it's just about crunch time and I have to make a decision. Based on quality, value, floor plan, manufacturer integrity, price, and what I can tow. (06 dodge 2500, Yes, I too love the smell of diesel) I'm leaning towards a Montana. I'm sorry for being so long winded with my history but my question is, what's your opinion on Grand Junctions? I'm not overly impressed with Dutchman on paper and not too many dealers selling them. Dealers tell me they're "exclusive". They are beautiful units but dealers i talked to are red flagged sub standard shysters (from what i learned from googling them) What gives? Opinions? Thanx for the help and again sorry for the novel.

DL Rupper

Hey Ironhead, welcome to the forum. Grand Junction. I take it that is a Dutchman brand. The manufactures change names every other year so it is hard to keep up with Model names. Personally I rate the Dutchman lower than the Montana I'm sure that will bring the Dutchman owners out of the woodwork. However, based on personal observations and material read over the last few years I don't think too highly of Dutchman or Jayco products. JUST MY OPINION. Based on the same type observations and material read, I think the Montana's are a fairly good product. In fact, if I were ever to consider buying a new home (RV), which is highly unlikely, I would look real close at the Montana.

Originally they were priced in the lower middle 5th wheel category, but I have noticed the cost of the units slowly creeping up to the upper middle price range. I guess that's what happens when you make a RV that is popular. They tend to load them down with all options at the factory and the cost keep going up as more options are offered.

DL Rupper

It's time to bring you out of hiding again. Hee,hee,hee. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bleh: :approve: :evil:

Kirk

Hey DL.

How come you are such a "lover" of the Forest River products? You must really want one? :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.