Forest River Manufactured RVs

DL Rupper

Heyfolks back in the day Forest River RVs were considered crap. Is that still the case? My son is looking for a travel trailer and I told him to stay away from FR RVs. Was that good advice?

I was extremely satisfied with our first Rockwood 2011 model. I traded up in 2015 for a new Cruiser trailer. Had nothing but problems. Traded it 10 months later with major water leak and needing a third new ac unit. I now have a Rockwood 8329ss . Next month will mark a year with no issues.
I like Forest River products. My brother has Forest River motor home an is very satisfied .

C Nash

DL Rupper you need to update us. Really miss you here. Know you have retired from RVing but you have tons of knowledge to share

2016 FR Wildcat 295rsx. Had it little over a year and camped about 60 nights from Texas to California to Florida to Wisconsin. We started RVing about 15 years ago in a Towlite popup then a Dutchmen TT and now this Wildcat fifth wheel. This one has by far been the best. Found a short list of small issues when picked it up and dealer fixed them all perfectly. FR customer service seems to be very responsive and customer focused.

C Nash

There are a lot of FR products on the road. I doubt their percentage of problems are any greater that other makes in same price range.