Forum is DEAD

akjimny

Got our first "Real" snow today (as in snow that will be here until April). Motorhome is parked in the back yard, looking all lonesome. No more camping until break-up. But i will be checking in on a daily basis and chipping in with my two cents worth whenever I see a post I can respond to. You folks in the warm part of the country - keep on camping and posting.:):)

erniee

H2H1;81798 said:
wow good rally, sorry that we could not connect, maybe next time.

we need to drill and drill now,we got it go get it

I agree- but can someone tell me why we are exporting the Alaska pipeline oil?

C Nash

Obama is not the reason we are exporting Alaska oil. We export it to Japan and then buy it back because we dont have enough refinieries to produce. Thats what I have been told. Now Hollis dont jump me and say I have jumped on Obamas band wagon LOL. You know my view on him.

elkhartjim

The following is a direct quote from the U.S Energy Information Administration website:

Export of crude oil transported in the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System was banned until 1996. Between 1996 and 2004, a total of about 95.49 million barrels of crude oil, equal to 2.7% of Alaskan production during that period, was exported to foreign countries. As of March 2012, no Alaskan oil has been exported since 2004.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=35&t=6

C Nash

Thats good to hear Jim. I know when we were up there in 04 it was said that it was exported.

*scooter*

Well, it's been a month plus since anyone has posted here but.. what the heck. The bad news, I haven't been post'n like in the past. Lots to do and ran out of gas in the evening. Well the good part is RETIREMENT. Just around the corner (1-1-13). Hopefully that means more rv time :) and post'n time. Chat soon I hope.

dbarton291

Better yet, we need to get a straight answer from Mr. Obama as to why he killed the Keystone Pipeline. The Canadians are now going to sell all that shale oil to the Chinese, who are glad to get it. So much for several thousand jobs and another step toward energy independence from the middle east.

akjimny

Scooter - Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. Boss Lady found me another full-time job when I retired - taking her to doctor appointments. But at least I can get out and go fish in the middle of the week now.:)

DB - We will never get a straight answer out of the Obama administration. Two-plus years to "study it" and he still needs more time????

dbarton291

akjimny;82010 said:
Scooter - Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. Boss Lady found me another full-time job when I retired - taking her to doctor appointments. But at least I can get out and go fish in the middle of the week now.:)

DB - We will never get a straight answer out of the Obama administration. Two-plus years to "study it" and he still needs more time????

I think you're right. Oh well we survived Jimmy Carter. Thank God for term limits.
I'm just glad to be back in the USA for the holidays.

elkhartjim

I'm not sure the original poster was talking about the death of this forum or .... It does appear with only one new post being added in the last three days that what was once an active rv forum has finally gasped it last breath.

Maybe with some cardiac paddles and CPR it (the forum) will be revived and somehow survive.

Merry Christmas to all y'all.

akjimny

Thanks Jim and Merry Christmas to you too. I know I'm haven't been checking the forum as often as I used to, what with everythng up here being locked down for the winter. But I'm hoping things on the forum will pick up come springtime. I know I always found help and useful advice here when I needed it. Hopefully it doesn't fade away and die.