generator/inverter

Steelie

Recently purchased used 2013 Jayco class c. Had to have some work done on the generator, it is up and running, but when I have it on I can't get the a/c to work. Everything else seems ok, but the a/c will not come on. Do I have to do something when trying to run it off generator? Works fine on shore power. Also, what is the inverter all about? should I have it on and operating all the time when using the rv, or should I only turn it on when I need it to run something off battery?

Thanks

TINKERTIM

I'm new to RVing myself. I learned quickly that I needed a generator large enough to supply my RV with 30AMP service which is what my RV is rated for. Even with a 3500 peak watt generator you can tell that the generator is having to work really hard to run the air conditioner much less anything else while the air is on. As far as the inverter, without having the experience of using one, I'd leave it on. I'm always going to be using something. I'd get tired of the off and on, and it should be a low wattage device not using much of the battery supply. Most likely, in time, I'll be replacing my generator with one that would supply a 50 amp service just so it wouldn't need to work so hard to operate everything in the RV. The amount of fuel it takes to run the generator will be a factor also.

Happy RVing

DenielJerk

I also had some problems with my generator, but when I replaced the old with larger, everything works great. And yes, I agree that it's essential to control the amount of fuel. Yesterday I returned from camping with my family. We were in the forest near our town. The weather was beautiful, we were stuck at home and decided the escape for a few days. Everything was great, the generator hadn't let us down, but the cooler did. It turned out that the cool was leaking, and on the third day, we say that our food is impossible to it. Luckily we had snacks, so everything was great. But now I have to buy a new one, but this time with better quality. Can someone advise me, which is the best to buy? I heard that YETI coolers are great. On this review, https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-coolers-for-camping I read about the best coolers for camping, compared characteristics, and it seems to me that YETI and Pelikan are great. What do you think? I'll be glad to hear someone's opinion.

Last edited:

Jukilot

This summer is extremely hot, don't you think so? Now is July and every day a huge number of people suffer from unbearable heat. Conventional air conditioners no longer help. What to do in this case? Personally, I started using Evaporative coolers
With this, I can cool any room in minutes. If you also suffer from this terrible heat, then I advise you to take a closer look at this cooler.