Handguns and trailering

SnowbirdInFlight

Re: Handguns and trailering

utmtman - 8/19/2008 11:13 AM Oh groan snowbird. Funny that all the people who flunk out of all other branches of the service training and testing end up in the marines. Seems funny too that half a dozen times in Nam I was called out to go save the marines butts cuz they couldnt do it themselves. Please dont get me started.

I just saw your post and I can't believe you said that about the great men who are Marines. What kind of a man are you? First, my husband didn't flunk out of any other branch of service. He went into the Marines at the age of 17 and spent two tours in Vietnam! No one 'saved his butt' because he was man enough and Marine enough to do it himself! You are some piece of work and a poor excuse for a military man! Obviously you aren't much of a man to feel the need to put down other servicemen and other branches of the service! You are a sad excuse for a human being!

SnowbirdInFlight

Kirk - 9/14/2008 6:21 PM So does being an ex-marine mean that you are so tough that no gun is needed ~ ~ ? :question: How does what service you were in, or even if you were in any branch of service had to do with keeping a gun? The answer is nothing and it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, either. :dead:

It's called 'tongue in cheek' for God's sake. You people really need to get out more and have a better understanding of humor! Geesh! You would think you're all nothing but a bunch of old men!

SnowbirdInFlight

utmtman - 9/15/2008 8:41 AM Archer, I have nothing against Marines. My problem is with people who think that they are gods, invincible, superhuman, and better than the rest of the world just because they were in the Marines and you cannot tell me you have not heard others say that. I dont care if its army airforce or navy either if you talk down to the rest of the world your on my chit list. I was Army SF some of the worst training in the world, and when the special services all were moved into one group I also trained with Navy Seals and Marine Force Recon. But that does not make me better than everyone else. And I will let anyone know when they over step the line of equality amongst mankind.

Sure you don't have anything against the Marines, that's why you jumped on my post so vehemently! You must have a chip the size of a boulder on your shoulder! Must be a pretty big burden to bear. And you're right, you are definitely NOT better than anyone else and in my eyes possibly not even equal after that remark!

ReBob8101

IMO the best gun to carry in your rv is a pump shotgun. There is no mistaking the distinctive sound of a pump shotgun being pumped to load a round. It can be easily heard by a bad guy outside and he will make like a tree and leave........and if it is a wild animal, you probably won't miss if you actually have to use the gun.

Bob

MaryBlue

DL is exactly right--don't ask, don't tell. At the St. Historic Site where we camp, nothing is ever said regarding guns. The subject never comes up, even among the "regulars". However, speaking from experience, if you're gonna draw that gun on a person make sure of 2 things: 1. KNOW in advance that you WILL use it. 2. Be positve it is LOADED--never pull an empty gun on anyone!!

xcheck21

RE: Handguns and trailering

If you think you need it, then get it. I'd hate to need it and be caught without it. Just be prepared to use it of you take it out.

Happy trails and straight shooting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: