Help with RV Storage Condo Project

routabit

Re: Help with RV Storage Condo Project

Well then isn't this just a fancy name for indoor storage facility so you can charge more?

risky business

routabit - 1/18/2007 3:36 PM

Well then isn't this just a fancy name for indoor storage facility so you can charge more?

No. It is a concept that will actually cost less than renting similar units.

routabit

Oh, I didn't know that and there may be a market for them with all of the Snowbirds we get down here.

Good luck!

H1Hummer

You should be able to use the same system that we have used when converting water heaters over to propane. We have converted 100's of water heaters on Government Bases from diesel to propane. The floor area will have to be sealed from the other units. Slope the slab towards the front/door. Install a "Spilway" such as a 4"pipe with rodent screen at the lowest point of the concrete. This will permit the propane gas to flow towards the "Spilway" and escape outside. The detector can be placed at floor level at the spillway. Hard wired of course and interconnected to the alarm system. This is a approved system for your problem.
I have been following your project and am considering building one in Santa Rosa,CA. Very unique concept. we were going to build indoor rentals but I'm leaning towards your idea. If you have any questions I would love to talk to you.
Hope this helps
Eric

lhollatz

RE: Help with RV Storage Condo Project

Risky business is a good name for this project. The one near me is in its fourth year and is not sold out. Sounds like yours in that it has no water or sewer (not needed for storage) but has electricity. It is heated as we are in cold climate. The problem is they sell for about $200k to $250k (depending on size) and come with all of the problems of condo ownership. The condo fee and/or CAM plus taxes cost me more than it does to rent indoor storage with 30 amp service. The claim (like all condos) is you can sell it for more than you paid for it. Pretty weak claim if original units have not sold in four years.

I wish you luck but I still prefer great indoor storage for less than condo fees and no capital investment. Customer base is big boys with big toys and more money than brains.

Road House

risky business

RE: Help with RV Storage Condo Project

roadhouse - 2/19/2007 2:25 PM

Risky business is a good name for this project. The one near me is in its fourth year and is not sold out. Sounds like yours in that it has no water or sewer (not needed for storage) but has electricity. It is heated as we are in cold climate. The problem is they sell for about $200k to $250k (depending on size) and come with all of the problems of condo ownership. The condo fee and/or CAM plus taxes cost me more than it does to rent indoor storage with 30 amp service. The claim (like all condos) is you can sell it for more than you paid for it. Pretty weak claim if original units have not sold in four years.

I wish you luck but I still prefer great indoor storage for less than condo fees and no capital investment. Customer base is big boys with big toys and more money than brains.

Road House

WOW- no wonder they are not selling. 250K?????
Our project is selling for around 78K. Yes, we have sewer, water, sprinklers (fire) clubhouse, electricity etc. The big difference is that storage in LA or Orange County California is getting pretty scarce and expensive. Our first phase sold out in 2 days. I have a waiting list of over 800 for the next phase. I doubt they will sit on the market for long.

Thanks for your input.

lhollatz

"Just curious, where is the project you mentioned?"

It one of the Premis projects in
colorado listed in the links on your website.