Introduction...

DL Rupper

Re: Introduction...

We use the PA on the "when available" plan. We like Cable and wifi so it makes it harder to find Pa Parks with the amenities, but if it's cost effective and only 1 night we make the sacrifice. lots of times the PA parks are also Good Sam or KOA. Makes it nice to get the lower rate. I know we should get satellite TV, but I honestly don't have any place to put the dish and I hate contracts (use TracFone cell to avoid contracts).

I have noticed that lots of RV Parks don't advertise on their office or billboard the fact that they are PA members (looking for the higher camping fee) but, I use the PA Directory to identify them. I always ask if they are PA members before filling out the register. Sometimes they have dropped out of the program.

I noticed the PA member RV Park in Naples, FL has changed their restrictions in the new PA Directory (17th edition). They now exclude Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar. Maybe they didn't like my review in www.RVparkreviews.com. I don't mind restrictions as long as I know up front. Just need to plan ahead and go to the PA member parks that have the least restrictions or restrictions that don't impact your plans. I try to avoid parks that exclude electricity or water and nickel and dime you with amenities. Don't know what they think full hookups mean when they advertise full hookups and then in restrictions want more money for electricity or water or AC's. They must think RV'ers are stupid. By the time you pay for all the extras you are back to full price. I use a rule of thumb that as long as I don't pay more than 70% of the regular advertised non-PA member rate I'm still ahead. Very seldom do you really get the full 50% discount. Every little bit helps.

Bottom Line; PA membership is a good deal if you have the latitude to plan around restrictions or localities. Obviously if you don't travel often and in areas where PA members are located it won't do you much good. The eastern states and parts of the mid-west are not too favorable for finding PA Member Parks.

H2H1

HELLO DL that was very informing and I agree with you on there advertise. I still think it's false advertisment TO ADVERTISE for full hook up and want the charge extra for all the amenities .good story DL

Rachel

Hi Hertig :)

I'm happy to hear that you find ways around the restrictions at many of the RV parks! You are correct in saying that the Passport America membership is of use even if it is only used a couple of times a year :approve: . One of the many benefits of being a Passport America member so that it's cheaper than many of the other RV Clubs and has over 1,400 campgrounds across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Happy Travels!

Rachel

DL Rupper

Hey Rachel, just call me DL. You can use one reply and just address each one of us on separate paragraphs. It's easier that way. We are fairly informal on this forum. We are glad you are a member as it helps to have expertise in all areas of RVing. We never know what kind of questions will pop up.