LP propane detector just tripping, tank off

osrocket

has anyone had any issues with there propane leak detector, it just alarms out for no reason, the main tank is off, all appliances bled off, and the voltage is at 12.2, light stays green showing power, then at any given time it just trips while parked in the garage, also tank is not bleeding off, coach only has 8200 miles on it, fleetwood bounder 2004, just started doing this, i will have the dealer check it, has anyone ever had these go bad??

just looking for opinions, thanks alot johnb

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: LP propane detector just tripping, tank off

Yes, they do go bad, but not very often. Usually there is a cause, a smell it does not like or low battery. A lot of things will set it off, hair spray, exhaust fumes, sewer gases for a few.

osrocket

thanks, i will double check everything, then go from there, johnb

osrocket

i checked the house batteries last night they were at 14.2 volts. and everything was off, it has not tripped in the last 18 hours, i may still swap the unit out and see it that corrects it. john

krautdog

Did you have a swim in the pool by chance? I noticed that after the kids got back from the pool and hung up their towels on the rack above my sensor, the thing would always go off.
I suspect the chlorine might set it off too.

osrocket

we didnt swim, i also thought hair spray like the one guy said, but it sometimes happens when it is just parked out in the garage with the tank off, and everything bled off, and been setting for a week, i ordered a new sensor, and will put that in this weekend and hope it helps, johnb

H2H1

well my sensor went off when we was struck in traffic coming down I 85 just south of Atlanta. The dw hit the reset button trice before it would stay off. we also open a window instead of closing one to get clean air in and the co2 out. It hasn't went off again. Good luck with yours

onthecoach

Hi Osrocket!
We had the propane detector go bad on us. Had to replace it. New one works fine! Check w/manufacturer to replace.

Spudracer

Funy thing, mine started going off continuously as well. Got down on my knees and performed a wiff test, no propane odor. I reset it over and over, would just keep on alarming. I finally disconnected the connector and reinstalled it. I've been searching for a different type of electronic propane detector to ensure my nose isn't defunct and to ensure I don't actually have a leak, but can't seem to find one. I drive an 06 Revolution. Perhaps I need to replace ours as well. Nice to hear I'm not the only one...

Tom
Bryson City, NC

osrocket

ok, i got the new one in (54.00) online and installed it friday and have been running the furnace and some appliances, and it has not tripped off yet, and have left the propane on all weekend, i found it by doing a search, i am not sure how much they are at the dealer, this was the exact model 7773.081 with some extra little number stuff, but a direct match and just plugged right in. if anyone needs the supplier here is a link.
http://www.safehomeproducts.com or email me at osrocket@neo.rr.com if the dealer is too pricey, thanks for all the input, johnb

ARCHER

When we had a dog, if she would sit by the LP leak detector and ya know, pass a little gas, the Leak detector would go off :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) Point being, lot of stuff will set it off.

osrocket

THANKS, it has not tripped since i put the new detector in, so i think we are good, johnb