Newbie Question (battery life)

Andy333

Hello!

I am looking at an all electric tiffin which would be used in a very cold place often in locations with no hookups. How long will the batteries keep me warm at night before the generator kicks in? I am a light sleeper, my concern is being woken from the sound.

Thanks so much!!

Cavie

Hello!

I am looking at an all electric tiffin which would be used in a very cold place often in locations with no hookups. How long will the batteries keep me warm at night before the generator kicks in? I am a light sleeper, my concern is being woken from the sound.

Thanks so much!!

That is like asking "How long is a piece of string". Variables are, What size batteries? How many batteries? How old are the batteries? What are the batteries running? How warm do you want it? All that being said, I would assume you could go all night on a battery charge.

Last edited:

Dalton Bourne

I used this Optima 8016-103 D34M BlueTop Starting & Deep Cycle Marine Battery for about 4.5 years and it still works perfectly. My RV stays parked much of the time, but I don't have to worry about the battery when I take it out. This product has a distinctive SpiralCell design together with continuous lead plates, which is capable of supplying a safe, strong and clean source of power. I am impressed with this battery because it actually serves a dual purpose: as a starting and deep cycle battery. Besides that, this battery has good vibration resistance, it is even fifteen times more resistant to various forms of vibration compared to other marine batteries.

Last edited: