Non-resident motorhome purchase


New Member
Hi to all,
Can someone please advise if a non-resident, from Canada,can purchase a Class A motohome in the USA and live in it for say 6 months before returning to Canada? Is it better to leave the unit in the US rather than having te bother at te border?
Thanks in anticipation


Senior Member
Non-resident motorhome purchase

I don't think the question is whether you can purchase it, but can you register it? Options would be to register it in the state of purchase (don't know if a non-resident can do this) or register it in Canada (don't know if this can be done remotely, or whether it would be acceptable to the seller). Sales tax would be an issue, and if you were to try to take it back to Canada, you might have to pay some kind of import duty.