Pros N Cons

milt50

I,m a newby here. We're about to close on the sale of our home in Tn.Wanting to fulltime mostly in tn. Willstay at present job as site manager for maint co.Tired of mowing and upkeep of small farm. :( i'm trying to decide between 34E39QS Titanium or 37RLQ mckenzie medallion. Any opinions? Pros &cons of each? Thanks in advance Milt.

hertig

Re: Pros N Cons

have you walked in, sat in, laid down in, pretended to fix and eat a meal in both of them? Are the layouts the same, and if not are they equally useful for you? Can you use the toilet, fix and eat a snack and take a nap when all slides are in? How do the warrenties compare? If not from the same dealers, how do the dealers compare?

Do you have any experiance RVing? Its a tad risky to go from no RVing to fulltiming. Better to ensure that the RV lifestyle is for you before doing anything 'irreversable'.

hertig

Also, what are you going to tow it with? The Titanium has a GVWR of 14667 (cargo capacity of about 2800), while the Medallion's GVWR is 16950 (cargo capacity of about 3200). Probably beyond most 3/4 ton pickups...

The Titanium seems to have a 'rubber' roof, which is fine as long as it does not get damaged and as long as you do the suggested maintenance. The Medallion web site is not totally clear, but it may have an aluminum roof. Again, its not clear, but the Medallion might have 2 gray tanks, if so it would have twice the gray water capacity of the Titanium as well as 7 more gallons of fresh water. Titanium specifies their insulation as R9/R14/R16 (wall/roof/floor) and Medallion does not, but claims to be 'better than the competition'.

milt50

Thanks hertig for the reply. I lived on a Grandbanks trawler for a while (42') I loved it. It appears the fivers are a lot more roomy and laid out a lot better! As for T/V I have 06' duramax/ allison dually. I,m mainly tring to research Glendale and Mckenzie,s reputation. I like them both,I'm leaning toward the titanium. Losing 4 large drawers to install washer /dryer is my only issue. It also has disc brakes. :)

DL Rupper

The titanium looks like it is constructed faily well. I haven't heard/read of too many complaints about them so they are not on my "they suck" list. In fact, I would probably consider one if I was in the market for a new RV. The design lends itself to easy towing and turning with the RV cap high up over the cab of the truck. My only problem is that I haven't found a floor plan I really like, but then we all have different ideas on floor plans.
I haven't looked at the Mckenzie so can't say much except I haven't heard/read of too many complaints about them either.