RV wiring help, please.

Ken47

RE: 2023 Thor Scope 18M-S RV; RAM Promaster 1500 chassis.

I am impressed by the work so many do in improving and customizing their motor homes. Lacking any automotive DIY skills, and as first-time van owners and RVers in our 70s, my wife and I were hoping for a referral to an auto electrical expert who can do for us, what many of you do for yourselves.

Problems began with the chassis battery repeatedly going dead, recognized by the RAM dealer as due to a constant drain from the coach Winegard TV/wifi antenna. In what was a helpful one–off, a (THE?) nice person at Thor customer service put one of their mechanics in touch with mine. The motor coach company’s solution was to tell my RAM dealer how to disconnect the breaker (or fuse) that powers the Winegard (and God-knows what else!). This stopped the battery drain, although there is currently no Wi-Fi. However, based on their own admission of creative wiring and “we’ve seen this before” comments from Winegard, I am left with a realistic fear that as soon as I venture farther than a few miles from home, something bad, unpredictable and electrical will happen because of that disconnect So no RVing. I have failed to get a response for an evaluation and repair under my warranty from Thor or the three dealers within 60 miles of my house.

I was hoping someone here could point us towards a mechanic who could fix this for me. I would be grateful to pay their usual hourly rate. I know that some of you good-hearted folks will offer DIY suggestions, but I also know my limitations. We are in the suburban Philadelphia area, but I would take this thing halfway across the country if I could then stop worrying about it and start enjoying it.

A Personal Note: I bought this in the fall. The original plan was to provide my wife, with her Crohn's disease, a portable lavatory so we could take day-trips to visit friends and family for the first time in years. We had even planned to travel 300 miles to view the recent total eclipse. Nothing says “once in a lifetime” to a 77-year-old couple, married 55 years, with their first RV and their 6th Great Dane, like “Last Chance to See a Total Solar Eclipse in the US until 2044!”

I am grateful for the attention of this forum and eagerly anticipate any recommendations.

Ken47