rving trip in march in utah, help!

juanmcsean

Hello everybody here, i´m new in this forum, i hope someone can help me:
- We are 6 spanish people who go in march for 14 nights to utah
- We have never traveled in rv so we have some doubts (we usually travel here with our vans but is not the same i think)

1º) We want to make a ski and mountain bike trip (salt lake city and moab).
2º) We are thinking in renting a rv but we are not sure, is it possible for 6 people (not children) to sleep in one rv? which rv model can you recommend us? We need some space for skis and, if we rent bikes in moab we will need a "carry bike rack" for going to the trails with the rented bikes.
3º) i´ve been looking for rvs in several pages in internet but is difficult to know wich are cheaper, and is difficult to find the option of "carry bike" or rv with big space for storage in the bottom . Can you say to me wich url can be a good place to find a good rv for us and our conditions?
4º) Is it a "good" idea to rent a rv in the winter? possible problems?
5º) Is it easy to find free and safe campgrounds for the rv near salt lake city and moab in March? some useful url for knowing this free (or cheap) campgrounds?
6º) Any different suggestion that you can think about will be also very useful

I hope somebody can help me, Thank you very much anyway! I would really like to make this trip with rv but i don´t know if it would be possible, i think it can be a very interesting "adventure"
We are also thinking in cheap hostels but the rv idea is much more flexible and interesting i think
greetings from spain
Juan
(hope my english is not too bad for understanding this)

H2H1

Re: rving trip in march in utah, help!

Tony I agree with you,some what. Swindy, maybe his English is broke but he was asking for help and advice. And that is what we do here is help each other out. AND SWINDY who and when did you become the moderator to pick and choose who can be on this forum? He said he was from Spain not Mexico and that does not make him illegal to be here as lone as he has a pass port to travel here. WELL that my opinion. worth about 2 cents, or a cup of coffee which ever you prefer :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Now to answer Juan questions. Traveling in a RV with 6 adults would be tight. But the big question is do you know how to drive a big class A, or class C. and how about the rules of driving in the USA. We have some very strange rules when driving on the roads. I would think it would be better if you rented a van to carry your bikes and stay in motels rather than drive a big RV around a country you know nothing about. PS there are no free camp grounds, they will cost anywhere from 19-100.00 plus a night, and that depends on where you are staying.

try2findus

WELCOME Juan!! All but 1 "newbie" to this forum, is happy to have you aboard. Our forum is for all to ask questions and offer advice. Please ignore swindy swindler.

Now for the fun part, I can assure you that you and your group will have an AMAZING time in Utah. It is one of the nicest places in our country. I agree with Hollis, it may be a tight squeeze fitting 6 adults but it can be done. There are so many awesome things to do and see in Utah and hiking and biking are right up there at the top!

Moab is a beautiful area and folks are very friendly and will help steer you toward the places you need to see.

Randy and I hope you have the best time ever and come back year after year to enjoy our beautiful country. :) :)

juanmcsean

hello, thank you for your answers
H2H1: we are firemen here and we are used to drive different kind of trucks, so i think we would have no problem with the rvs.
Anyway we have not decided yet, but seems it will really be tight the rv with 6 adults, we will think about
Greetings from spain and thank you again
Juan

H2H1

Well as a retired Fire Chief of Fire Prevention, I can see that driving a RV might not be your problem, but the rule of drive in the states maybe a lot different than what you are custom to.

Triple E

Thats just proves it. Have you ever seen Hollis Drive!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

waiting for the new lights and siren to come in and installed, then I will hell to catch :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

swindy4x4

i truely apologize for my rather rude comments i have made (must have been drunk er' something) it's really not like me to do that! however i did burn a bridge and i am sorry to you Juan and others who saw it. .. hope you can forgive me .. Juan? best of luck on your trip! welcome to the U S of A! :)

try2findus

Swindy4X4, that's more in keeping with the image we all expect from our fellow RVers on our forums.

Thank you and I accept your apology and knowing all of these nice folks on this forum, I am sure everyone else will too! :)

H2H1

Swindy4x4 we like to have fun on here and we like to help each other out. No one is a stranger except when they make them selves one. I like Jeanie accept your apology and hope you come back on and a have some fun us. :laugh: