SUZUKI TOAD

Old Forum Post

[Jim] I have a 96 SideKick sport with automatic tran, 4wd and automatic hubs. Am told that I can&#039t tow 4 down till I replace the hubs with manual hubs. One 4wd expert told me that it would be no problem, but others caution against it. Anyone have experience here?

Old Forum Post

SUZUKI TOAD

[Butch] Was once told that only &#039 97 and up Sidekick&#039s could be towed with manual hubs only. Used to tow a &#039 97 Sidekick Sport and now A &#039 99 Vitara. They both tow exceptionally well. Check the owners manual or the site below. Happy motoring Butch.

http://www.towingworld.com/

Old Forum Post

SUZUKI TOAD

[Jim M] Thanks butch: Was your sidekick and vithari both auto tran and auto hubs? Did you tow on all fours? Did you do anything special eg removing fuses, modifications of any sort?

thanks

Jim

Old Forum Post

SUZUKI TOAD

[Butch] Both Vehicles had automatic hubs, automatic transmission and did nothing special to tow them except to put the transfer case in neutral, transmission in park and the ign.key to accessory. We towed on all four with no modifications of any kind and no fuse pulling. They are towable. Happy motoring, Butch

Old Forum Post

SUZUKI TOAD

[JimM] Thanks again Butch--really appreciate your replys. Sounds as though I really don&#039t need to do anything except select neutral on the transfer case and go-- if your experience on 97 and newer vehicles is any indication! Anyone else out there with experience specific to the 96 Suzuki Sport with Auto Hubs and Auto Tranny?

Old Forum Post

SUZUKI TOAD

[Jim M] Note back to Butch and anyone else that may be interested: After getting estimates of up to 400 bucks for the change to manual hubs from several dealers, I bought the new hubs from Towing World for 200 bucks. The installation took 30 minutes! Both wheels!