tank level checks!

riverhunter

hi, my new jayco trailer does not come with tank level indicators in the model i chose!...is there something out there in the market i can use to wire the tanks up?....i'm thinking more for the black water tank--also battery charge!...thanka larry :)

Kirk

tank level checks!

There is, but it will be costly and it won't be easy to put in. The typical battery indicator is just a cheap volt meter and they really don't tell you much useful information. A better bet would be to put in a converter that has a charge control with an inside display.

Tank level indicators that come with most RVs are famous for not working. Most of us soon learn about when the tanks will need to be dumped. The black tank is very easy since you can see into it through the toilet. It is just a matter of looking. Looking is not as bad as it sounds since it will just have a black looking liquid inside and that is always

riverhunter

tank level checks!

thanks kirk, i think i will stay with the "look" option!!.....is there a way to tell how full the grey water tank is?.....say i take on extra water during the trip--but don't dump?...thanks again...larry :)

hertig

tank level checks!

There is at least one company which makes (or used to make) external tank sensors. Should not be too big a deal to install if you can get at one sidewall of each tank.

Kirk

tank level checks!

All that will happen when the gray water tank is full is that the shower will back up. Not a big deal and you will soon learn how often you need to dump. And the sensor system mentioned is out there, but the only one I know of will cost you more than $300 plus install. If you are dry camped, the fresh water will probably run out at about the same time as your tanks fill up. I would make it a practice to do both at the same time.

riverhunter

tank level checks!

thanks guys!! :cool: .....so, i can see the black tank by looking down the "crapper"; if the grey water tank is high, i will see some back up in the tub, and i can visually see the water tank level!...got it!...my eyes are good!!.....so much for the those sensors!!.....thanks larry :laugh: :laugh:

linda longpre

tank level checks!

quote:Originally posted by riverhunter

hi, my new jayco trailer does not come with tank level indicators in the model i chose!...is there something out there in the market i can use to wire the tanks up?....i'm thinking more for the black water tank--also battery charge!...thanka larry :)