Terrible Accident

H2H1

Re: Terrible Accident

That the point of being retired. I love to leave around 5am, buy lucky if I get out of here at 8am. But when we have to come home the wife is up at 530 and we are pulling out of the CG around 6am, go figure that one, and if you get it figure out let me know :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

It's called Grandkids Hollis :laugh: Get SKYPE video so Marie can call and see them. We have sat and eat and watched while the Great GK were eating at home. Just about like being there. :cool:

G

Looks like u got a way to go and stay for awhile ,, hollis ;) ;) ;) :cool: :approve: :approve:
Wth Skype that is :approve: :)

CharlieS

Those photos make me wonder if there are any standards or government regulations for building motorhomes. That thing came apart - I doubt a Greyhound bus would have done that.

Triple E

I agree on the standards Charlies but lets keep the government out of it. Heck this group here should start an RVUSA Standards and Guide Manual for the RV industry's. ;) :approve: :cool:

:8ball:

akjimny

"Anything" versus a semi-truck generally ends up a dead on loser for "Anything" and a bad day for the semi. In my military career I have driven some things that could take on a semi and win, but they wouldn't make very good campers and all got terrible gas mileage.
But, more to the point, could RV crashworthiness standards be improved? Undoubtedly. But, will the RV industry do it on their own? Probably not. And if they did, would we the RVers be willing to pay for the increased safety standard? Who knows?
Bottom line is we all need to be very, very careful out there and not over-drive our physical and mental abilities. As Clint Eastwood said," A man has to know his limitations."

Lincoln

Last night north of Louisville, KY on I-65 north and RV ran into the rear of a semi parked on the side of the interstate. Evidently, the driver nodded off, it was white line gone and he struck the rear of the semi trailer. The impact split the RV in half, half went inside the trailer and half ended up on the interstate.

The passenger was killed.

Judging from what was left, it appeared to be a fairly late model class A towing an SUV. Here's a link:

http://www.whas11.com/home/I-65N-re...ffic-to-a-standstill-for-hours--96463924.html
What county did this happen?