the ole girl is going to the shop

H2H1

Re: the ole girl is going to the shop

OK guys, let get off my heart thing .I am in god shape mostly round. :laugh: :laugh: . Nash I am retired but not from the military,but spent time in the military. My signature show Army of One and AIM HIGH for the Air Force because that the service my son serve in and very proud of him for that. But I am retired from the civil service side of the Govnt. and believe me the check isn't that big, and still to young to draw social security,got 2 years to go for that. Now even when I am able to draw I will only get about 55% of what I should be drawing :( :( :( . BUT LIFE IS GOOD, the wife has all the money in this house ,and she keeps it to :laugh: :laugh:

ARCHER

Hey Hollis, don't forget the "offset" from social security vs Govt Pension. I assume you got a CSR retirement and even though they say you can get the social security it is reduced $1.00 for every $2.00 you get from CSR. In my case, it would wipe out the social security benefit completely. Still need to do some checking but I believe that is the case. Also, I paid into the CSR extra so that my CSR would not be reduced if I did qualify for social security. Screwy rules. If I was an illegal alien I could get social security and would not even have to pay into it at all.......thanks to the Democrats thinking right now. Sorry did not mean to get political. :angry:

H2H1

Archer you are so right, my CSR is OK DANG DEMOCRATS ARE SCREWING US ALL. Sorry if I offended anyone , JMHO

H2H1

WELL here is a update on the MH. I went by yesterday just to check and see, well they had a batt charger hooked up to the house batt. I asked the tech why charging the house batt he said that they was dead. duh I told him it was there to fix the engine batt that keeps going dead not the house batt. and that the house battt was fine, I thought. He did tell me that there was a blown fuse in the power cabinet, and that the charging thing in the inverted was bad and they couldn't get to it to repair/replace. They asked if they could add a charger to keep thing charged, of course I said yes. Now it has been there for 2 weeks and they stated they have not had a problem with the engine batt as it has started each time they needed to move it. Now I am confused as that was my problem is /was. so much to worry about. But life is still good

DL Rupper

Hey Hollis, I know what you mean about only receiving 55% of the minimum social security. I'm also a retired govt employee and just got my SS this year and it was a whopping $200 after the WEP offset. That's about enough to fill my diesel tank twice. I guess that's better than nothing.

At least you have a Service center to get your MH repaired. I'm still looking for one along the Oregon coast to get my toilet replaced. It started leaking from one of the valves somewhere inside, so I have to use the water pump and fresh water tank so I can turn the pump off when not using any water. It seems the water pressure causes the vavle to leak even when not filling the toilet bowl.

H2H1

yeah our SS sucks. but good luck on getting your toliet replaced or repaired.

C Nash

Bad inverter or converter Hollis. If it's the converter you can drill the rivits out and fix it. Probably just a blown fuse inside the unit or may be one of the fuses on the outside.

DL Rupper

Well today was my lucky day. In Florence, OR I found a RV Center that had a replacement model for my toilet and the boss drove out to my RV (6 miles) and made sure it would work and installed it. He even brought parts that may have fixed my old one if the replacement wouldn't fit in the space available. All for $298. Very competitive and I didn't have to bring the RV in to the service center. :) Now I can connect to the city water.

Next big problem to solve is finding a reasonably priced place to camp for the next month. No spaces available for a monthly rate. It's getting really expensive for daily rates. $35 to $50/night. :( :eek:

C Nash

I know what you mean on the expense of CG DL. Sure looks like our dream days may be a thing of the past :(

utmtman

I must be the lucky one I get over 900 on my ss check. Or its all them many many years in the Army that helped.

DL Rupper

I almost forgot. I did a review on RVServiceReviews.com concerning the RV service provider. If you want to find out how good a potential RV service provider is, check them out on the Internet before going there. If they haven't been reviewed yet, and you go there for service, be sure to input a review for the rest of us. Yesterday I provided a review for the South Jetty RV in Florence, OR. When I checked RVservicereviews.com prior to getting my toilet replaced, there weren't any reviews for the Oregon Coast RV service centers. The quality and quanity of the review data is only as good as the input provided by fellow RV'ers.

H2H1

Lee I don't think your SS in impacted due to the fact that your are retired from the military. I only served a few years in the Army. I did retire from civil service and that why it will be impacted when I am old enough to draw SS. BUT THIS ONLY MY THOUGHTS and again I may be wrong. I really don't know. :(

DL Rupper

Hollis, unless you have 30+ years paying into SS your SS check will be reduced apoximately 60%. I paid into SS for about 11 years so I was hit with the WEP reduction. Anyone other than State or Federal employees can pay into SS the minimum 40 quarters (10) years and get their full SS check. We get *$*+ed on and get ours reduced.

New Federal employees that are under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) system are under SS so they get their full checks. Only federal employees under the old Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) system get the WEP reduction. Please don't ask what WEP stands for I don't remember, but it makes me weep. :laugh: It's something like windfall employee pension/penalty.

H2H1

Well the MH has been in the shop since 27 July and I hope they charge for the work performed and not storage :laugh: In another post I stated that I went out to check and found them charging the house batteries. Yes I was surprise about that when I told the shop foreman that the engine battery keeps going dead when I brought it in. The tech told me they have not had a problem with the engine battery not starting the motor. Oh well maybe this week I will get her home.

G

Hollis ,, did they give u any response on why they were cahrging the house batts ??? ,, and why were they looking there and not toward the engine batt ???
I cna't figure out why they said that they could not get to u'r converter ,, it's very easy to pull out ,, weather it is in a compartment or under the bed ,, done a ton of them ,, it takes work ,, but that might be the clue "WORK" but let me know what u find out ,, and do put some pressure on them ,, i know alot of shops like to sun test the rv's before they work on them ,, that means they let them set for days ,, before they even pull them in the shop ;) :laugh: :approve: :approve: