TOWING CAPACITY CHEVY 8.1 on work horse chassis

Poppa

I need the real answers on towing capacities. I am looking at several class A motor homes with chevy 8.1 with Allison 5 speed trannies. The trailer I will be pulling is in the area of 8,200#.

The posted towing capacity listed here and there is around 3,500 which I thinks is wrong.

What will a short 28" class A comfortably tow with a 8.1 and a Allison.

C Nash

It's probably the hitch on the class c that rates it to 3500. IMO you need a diesel to tow this. Truck or class A.

C Nash

Thanks Chelse
Poppa, I misread your post and thought it was a Class c you was asking about. The Class A should be listed at least 5k i would think but the 8200 is still a little much IMO. It will tow it but bet the hitch is rated for 5K but just guessing. Still think a diesel would be best. I have the V10 ford and keep my tow under 4K.

Gtrioc

Taking measurements!
Such measurements are useful for determining the size, especially since this is very simple to do. When the bridle is worn on the horse's head, there should be a palm between the cheek strap and the horse's jaw, between the primer and the horse's nose, and between the forehead and the horse's forehead, two fingers should go.
But it is better not to bother and refer to this site https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-bitless-bridle/