Where to buy RV furniture?

2new2rv

We have just bought a 2005 Pacearrow. It needs a new reclining chair in the front (it sits behind the passenger seat). Any suggestions on where to buy RV furniture and things we should look for?

Thanks!
Cherin... AKA...Mommy of 6 :eek:

Shunpiker

Re: Where to buy RV furniture?

We try to buy quality furniture from local merchants, if we can find the item to fit.....i.e. we replaced the queen sleeper with 2 leather lazyboy recliners, and found a tv stand at best buy and mounted a 37" flat screen, added blue ray and surround.....

Over the years and 8 RV's we never found an rv with comfortable stock rv furnishings.....jmho.

C Nash

I agree with Shunpiker. You can find local furniture that is cheaper and more confortable. I would look at lazyboy wall hugger.

topdownman

RE: Where to buy RV furniture?

Try Discount Van & Truck. I'm getting ready to order a sleeper sofa from them. You want to avoid household furniture as it can't be secured properly and is not designed to be in a moveable vehicle.

C Nash

The recliner that came in mine was not secured :eek: and it was from the factory.

utmtman

Be aware that a lot of furniture must be dismantled to get it into rv and the same to get it out. I speak from experience.

tommiehawke

i installed a nice lazyboy recliner behind the passenger seat in my itasca and put a swivel on the base. it worked great.

Jukilot

I'm just trying to find some interesting option that could help me with the furniture, and especially the sofa

Gary Roe

I have just bought a sofa bed for my rv. It is a tri-fold and comes apart nicely to fit into our space. It was pretty easy to install - even fit in our slide out space. Getting it delivered through Amazon was easy too

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
I just went to local thrift shops to find a couch that would fit, both size and color. Found a very nice couch that looks brand new. Since it's in one of the slideout sections of my travel trailer I wanted to make sure it was not too heavy as well. I think I paid less than $300 for it.