Why so cheap!

Looking at a 1998 Southwind Storm 34.5' on the Chevy 454, one slide, dual ducted air and w/12,000 miles. We have a price of $32,300. We have been looking around and all the prices seem to be about the same or just reduced form $40,000. This seem to be the trend acrossthe country. Any thoughts on the reliability of this coach or why they are so cheap. Where can I find info on this unit and its specs.

Kirk

Why so cheap!

The Storm is the lowest level of the Southwind line and that sounds about right for one that is 8 years old. It probably sold new for around $50 to $55K and most likely had an MSRP of about $65K.

Why so cheap!

Thanks Kirk!

Can you explain the Southwind Fleetwood connection? I know that they are a sub, but if I go to the Fleetwood page the southwind and the storm are two different models. Was there a change?

Why so cheap!

Fleetwood is weird. The Storm first came out as a cheaper model motorhome. It didn't come in the same lengths as the Southwind or Pace Arrow. Then they changed and came out with the Southwind Storm as a shorter version of the Southwind. Then they decided to make the Storm bigger. Who knows what they are doing this year. I sometimes wonder if they even know. I no longer work for a Fleetwood dealer and I don't have time to keep up with all there changes now.