3 weeks and counting

G

I got less then 3 weeks till i am sitting on the sandy shores of Myrtle Beach in the direct sun for more then 10 hrs a day ,, and we got a killer spot this yr ,, step out of the MH and walk 2ft and on the shore ,, nothing better then that IMO ,, we are heading out the 24 of May ,, and won't be back till the 25 or 26th of June ,, makes it kinda nice now that my wife is not working ,, we have more time to spend without deadlines ,, and i got to admit we really need this time more then ever this yr ,, only one thing that i wil miss ,, and that is the fact that i did not get to take my mom to see the ocean one more time ,, but due to what happend and so fast ,, i didn't have a chance ,, so this yr ,, i am dedicating our vacation to my mom ,, she is with us in spirit ,, and that is all that matters :approve: :) :)

akjimny

Re: 3 weeks and counting

Enjoy your vacation Rod and I hope you get the nice, warm temperatures you enjoy. We left Florida in April 15th in 90 degree heat, so you should be plenty warm up there at Myrtle Beach. :cool: :cool:

H2H1

Hey Jim, if it not over 90 degrees, to Rod it cold. he have his winter jacket on 24/7 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . He is the only person I know that sleep with the heater on in the summer :cool: :cool: :cool: .

H2H1

BTW Rod I have only 15 days till we head out to Fla. It will be great sitting in the shade watching to sun set with a cold miller in my hand. :laugh: :laugh:. But all that is determine on how well Maria does May 11 with her heart check up and maybe a stent or 2. But we want know till then if we go, but not canceling my reservation till I know for sure. So pray for us, more for her.

G

sitting in the shade ??? hollis ,, u go to the beach to be in the sun ,, and our spot has no shade ,, and on the coast beach area only shade u get is if the clouds are up ,, or one other ,, that i wll not say anything about ;) ,, but yes i hope Maria comes thru ok ,, and u all get to go ,, she is in our prayers ,, and u too :) :)

G

we are also planning a trip to the same spot about mid july ,, for 2 weeks,, when it is nice and warm ,, if anyone wants to join us we will be glad to have u ,, rates are in the range of 78 per night to 20 per night ,, if u stay in the lower class area ,, and btw ,, temps on the beach that time of yr range from 90 to 100+ ,, but that is my kinda weather ,, but still too cool to run the a/c units ,, open windows are just fine ,, besides i won't be at the MH anyway ,, i will be on the beach from sun up till sun down ,, and btw ,, the beach front spots have no shade ,, niether does the beach ,, unless u rent an umbrella and chairs ,, which to me is for wimps ,, who needs shade ,, u'r on the beach ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve:

C Nash

90 to a 100+ No way!!! Time to go to the mountains. No sand between my toes or sharks looking for a meal :laugh: Not a beach person myself. More of a mountain man. JK Rod get the MH ready and have a good trip. Hollis, Thoughts and prayer are with Maria May 11. All will be fine and you and Maria will go and have a great time at the beach.

H2H1

Hey Nash I am with you, love the mountain especially the north GA. TN. mountains. The beach is a family thing, kids and grand kids love it and we tag along to sit with the GKs one night so the parents can go out and have some fun on there own with no kids. Rod can have all the direct sun he wants, not for me, he will eaten up with skin cancer before he get to 50 YO . But that is his life and he loves what he does, more power to him to be able to do it.

whitey

Rod Have a good time and enjoy it, Remember all then cold days back in January. :bleh: they are all green with envied they wish they could be there. :) :) :)

akjimny

60 - Yes, 70 - Great. 80 / 90 / 100 - You'll find me in the air conditioning somewhere, but not outside if I can avoid it. Put up with enough of that when I didn't have a choice. :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :) :) But all y'all can enjoy it all you want, and have my share too. :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Well Rod has the advantage of being so thin the sun want burn him. :laugh: Heard he dont even cast a shadow :eek:

G

good point ,, but as hollis mentioned ,, about the skin cancer ,, well i already have it ,, but that ain't stopping me ,, the dr told me 3 yrs ago ,, that i could not have nothing to do in the sun unless i covered up everything ,, well not me ,, i will take life as it comes ,, and if i can't enjoy the way i like in the full sun and on the beach ,, to me not worth a dime ,, u only live once ,, and the way i see it ,, this is my once :approve: :approve: :eek: :eek:
But one other thing ,, i doubt if i will die of skin cancer ,, i have been exposed to much worse stuff ,, asbestos from clutches and brakes ,, all kinds of toxic fumes from fires ,, and lead ,, back when i worked with a guy that did auto body and he was one of the last that actually used lead to fill in seams and such on older cars
and also ,, the beach life is just not for families ,, i have met many surfers that were 60 + and still going at it ,, and they do throw one heck of a party at night on the beach ,, they live to party and risk their lives ,, as i said ,, i only have one life and i will live it to the fullest ,,, since i have no GK's ,, and proly won't till after i am gone , then i will live the way i want ,, i raised my kids ,, and now it's time for them to support me :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

You GO Rod! I think the perfect vacation is the one that fits the person. It's so great that Lynn loves the beach as much as you do. However, with that being said, we are still planning to head West around June 1st. Only 12 more days of school!!!!! :laugh:

This GS is killing us...no, just kidding. It's just hard to look at our RV every day and not be able to go anywhere. Come on June! We are thinking of heading up toward Lake Powell and spending a couple of weeks just hanging out. We missed the Needles when we went to Canyonlands and I really want to do some serious hiking. There is so much to see and do around the area. Since we have spent some time in Arches, Bryce Canyon (LOVED BRYCE), and Zion, we know we will enjoy exploring Canyonlands more.

Hollis, we are certainly keeping Maria in our prayers and anxiously awaiting the news she is ready to head to NB! :)

G

12 more days of school JR ?? u need to move here ,, yesterday was the last day of school here for us ,, but they did have to go to school on a few saturdays to make up for the snow days ,, but they still got out when planned ,, but get the rv ready ,, mine is kinda ,, if our weather will ever warm up and quit raining ,, i might get it waxed to go ,, other then that i am ready ,, but i will sit out in a lawn chair with a cold brew ,, and watch Lynn and Jess ,, scramble to get stuff done the day before we leave ,, it never fails ,,, happens every yr ,, no matter how long they know about it ,, but it is fun to watch ,, and to see them the day we leave ,, priceless ,, they are still packing in their minds :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

well as f now ,, i am sitting on GO ,, only one more section of the MH to wax ,, and i am done ,, all i got to do is the pretrip stuff ,, and i will do that the night before we leave,, oops forgot ,, i gotta recheck the parts inventory just incase ,, by the time what service i have to help me on the road gets to me ,, i will be gone by the time they get there ,, all fixed ,, as u all know ,, i carry a big inventory of parts that i can use on the road if i have too ,, all but an engine and trans and rearend ,, but i have changed all but engines out on the side of the road ,, no biggy for me ,, but not on my MH ,, i know i am a worry wart ,, but things happen ,, and i am no way in heck gonna wait for a road side thingy to come and help me ,, as i said ,, by the time they get there ,, i will be gone ,, and they will be lookiing for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
but one other thing ,, we are staying in 2 diff places agian this yr ,, a week in MB ,, then prolly 7 to 10 days in Carolina beach ,, then back to MB ,, Carolina beach is the big cost ,, this yr ,, besides fuel ,, they are 82 a night :eek: :eek: :eek: ,, but what the heck ,, u only live once ,, and as long as i have a clear view of the ocean ,, i will pay any price

akjimny

Sounds like you got a plan, Rod. I know what you mean about the tools and spare parts. My Bro-In-Law ragged on me about all the tools and stuff I brought along last year - so this year we went with his plan. Minimal tools and parts. Sooooooooooo - when the lights went out on the trailer, we had to go and find a Walmart and when that didn't work, had to find an RV repair shop.

So next trip I'll be back to carrying all my tools and toys and leave my Bro-In-Law behind :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

yea i know Jim ,, i am one to carry enough stuff to rebuild my MH on the side of the road ,, but that is all cked ,, w/h working ok ,, refer cooling now ,, all lights working ,, 11 more days and i'm gone ,, only stuff i have to do before we leave is the regular stuff ,, like cking the tires ,, setting the psi in the air bags ,, and cking the Gearvendor (very slight leak in it ) ,, other then that i am ready to go ,, and if i could ,, i would leave now ,, nothing really stopping me ,, but a place to stay once there ,, but i will make the best of it till i actually hit the road ,, and worry like hell till we get there :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Damn i forgot the most important thing ,, i also got my board waxed and ready to go ,, i carry it along with other things in the shower/storage area :laugh: :laugh: we don't use our shower ,, so makes for a good storage area ;) :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:

akjimny

Shower - oh you mean that thing with the closet rod in it for the Boss Lady's clothes and my fishing rod and hip boots. That shower? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

try2findus

Really? I LOVE our shower. But when not in use, our shower also doubles as the dirty clothes hamper holder!! :laugh:

H2H1

Well you bet we use ours, why have a shower if you aren't going to use it, might as well have a tent to camp in. There is nothing in ours that we don't use, that is why be bought a MH in the first place. I know Rod will take a bar of soap to the ocean and bathe there., but the EPA will get him for killing or running the fish off :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: BTW we have 7 days and we are off to Destin,Fla for a week.MH is ready and loaded to go. :approve: :approve: