Allison Temp Indicator Inop

swtiming

I have a 2005 Allegro Bus with a Cummins 400HP and Allison 3000 transmission on a Freightliner Chassis. Just recently the dash transmission temperature indicator ceased operating even though I have taken it through the mountains on long trips under conditions the needle should be moving but it is not.
Question 1 is does this gauge have a fuse controlling the circuit? If so where would it be located and what would the fuse be labled as?
Question 2 I understand the temperature is sensed by a remote (not internal to the transmission) unit where is it located?

dbarton291

RE: Allison Temp Indicator Inop

swtiming - 3/24/2009 11:24 AM

I have a 2005 Allegro Bus with a Cummins 400HP and Allison 3000 transmission on a Freightliner Chassis. Just recently the dash transmission temperature indicator ceased operating even though I have taken it through the mountains on long trips under conditions the needle should be moving but it is not.
Question 1 is does this gauge have a fuse controlling the circuit? If so where would it be located and what would the fuse be labled as?
Question 2 I understand the temperature is sensed by a remote (not internal to the transmission) unit where is it located?

I am not familiar enough with each OEM to say where fuses are in each one. I do know the sending unit for the temperature gauge is normally located near the transmission, in the hydraulic line that goes from the transmission to the transmission cooler.