spring vacation

rrountree

You won't find much crashing surf anywhere in the Keys. Reef protection and shallow water around the islands pretty much kill the wave action.
But you can find oceanfront campgrounds, primarily state parks such as Curry Hammock, Long Key and Bahia Honda state parks. (Note that Long Key is not taking reservations right now as they prepare to repave the campground road, and only tents and pop-ups can camp on the beach at Bahia Honda.)
There's no beachfront camping in South Florida, but North and Central Florida offer some options, such as Jetty Park in Cocoa Beach, Gamble Rogers State Park near Flagler Beach, and there are a bunch of small private campgrounds on the beach between Flagler Beach and St. Augustine.
In St. Augustine, you can camp on the beach at Anastasia State Park.
Near Jacksonville, you can try Fort Clinch State Park and Little Talbot Island, which is surrounded by several other state parks.
Best year-round surf action is at Jetty Park in Cocoa.

H2H1

Thanks Steve, that may be the way we go, we been that route before and it's an OK route till you get to St Louis. If my mind serves me right it has some very bad roads to travel on., Now I just wished the MH got 9 mpg that would be OK. but since it may get 7.5-8 I can still handle the extra cost, gee want be that much more anyway. But I will have to add another 100 mniles since I ask from Atlanta and we are 100 miles South of there. So we are looking at 15oo + miles one way, at least that give me an idea on how much and which way to go. thanks again. Steve how much further is it from Denver to your RANCH? If I can talk Maria into one or two more weeks out I might see if she is willing to ride your way, if we do I will let you know so you can be perpared for us.hahaha

Triple E

1115.6 miles, @ $3.00 per gallon, $446.24 @ 7.5 miles per gallon. Denver -> Billings -> Spokane -> Deer Park. That would be a a trip with a lot of history on the way. Big Horn, Custer, Lewis and Clark and me. :excitement:

G

well i am gonna bring the MH outta it's hideaway this next weekend ,, to add some stuff i want on it before we head out to the beach ,, i am gonna install all LED lighting on the outside ,, and also i am adding HID headlights and HID driving lights to it ,,, i figured since i do alot of night driving ,, why not light the road up like the sun does :D,, and also i am adding one other safety thing to it and that is an LP detector ,, it does not have one ,, they were not required in my yr,, but what i am gonna do is get one of the Atwood combo units ,, that is a LP and CO detector ,, with the shut off selenoid on the line coming into the MH ,, then all i got to do is re under coat the chassis ,, and i am ready :)
But one other thing ,, and that depends on time ,, but i also want to install a new tankless w/h that will give us unlimited hot water all the time and save LP gas ,, they make one for mine that is an exact fit ,, the company is asa electrionics ,, i think it would be good in the long run ,, no more cleaning the w/h tank ,,, oops that is one that should go into the PM post :) oh well i will mention that in there also :)

CAPTJACKJFB

Hi Everybody! Highway 1 all the way from SF to Long Beach! What a ride! All through Big Sur Monterey Beautiful! Leaving around May 15th with my new little friend http://tinyurl.com/KEEPDIARY4TRIPS (four feet 'be a mile without it). and my 2000 Fourwinds Dutchmen . Has anyone done this trip recently? Has anyone done it from Oregon? How was the traffic that time of year?

H2H1

well we have made a little change in our plans. WE will not maker Denver, but head straight on down to/up to Bryce and Zion NPs I am hopingthere is enough to see for 2 weeks. After that I think we will head on down to San Antonio for a day or two. and the rest will be a normal trip on I 10.

Triple E

730;75579 said:
well i am gonna bring the MH outta it's hideaway this next weekend ,, to add some stuff i want on it before we head out to the beach ,, i am gonna install all LED lighting on the outside ,, and also i am adding HID headlights and HID driving lights to it ,,, i figured since i do alot of night driving ,, why not light the road up like the sun does :D,, and also i am adding one other safety thing to it and that is an LP detector ,, it does not have one ,, they were not required in my yr,, but what i am gonna do is get one of the Atwood combo units ,, that is a LP and CO detector ,, with the shut off selenoid on the line coming into the MH ,, then all i got to do is re under coat the chassis ,, and i am ready :)
But one other thing ,, and that depends on time ,, but i also want to install a new tankless w/h that will give us unlimited hot water all the time and save LP gas ,, they make one for mine that is an exact fit ,, the company is asa electrionics ,, i think it would be good in the long run ,, no more cleaning the w/h tank ,,, oops that is one that should go into the PM post :) oh well i will mention that in there also :)

Rod when you get new head lights post a picture. Please.

rjf7g

Why aren't more manufacturers making the tankless w/h an option? That sure seems the way to go. Will you pull your old one out and put the tankless one in the same location?

G

yes ,, Becky ,, the tankless fits in the same area that the old one did ,, maybe a few minor mods to the mounting ,, but ASA Electronics says it takes place of "most " that are out there ,, i don't mind if i have to do a little framing ,, no biggy ,, but the reason i want to install this is (1) less LP used ,, and (2) i amd gonna take out the oven in the near future and install a dishwasher ,, so that way i will have all the hot water it will need :)

H2H1

Rod, once I saw what you have written I went and looked at them, kinda high. At that price you can buy a lot of propane. But I guess if you was a full timer it would pay for it self

rjf7g

H2H1;75700 said:
good question Becky, I would bet it would be the extra cost.

Yes, but I would be willing to pay for an option I would use! I paid extra for a few options I ended up not using...and, by the way, Ken we have used all four of the Fantastic fans and even some times have them all running at once!

I priced out replacement w/h at Camping World and compared them to the tankless ones and they seem to be in the same price range.

G

i agree with u Becky ,, what is the cost ,, if it does what it should ,, with using less LP ,, as u said ,, the cost is about the same as a regular w/h ,, although i don;t need a new w/h ,, i just want to update what i have now ,, no biggy on cost ,, to me most of it is just the cost of the product ,, the rest i can do myself ,, even if i have to frame it ,, and run a new gas line or electric lines :)
And also Becky ,, that is my next thing to do ,, and that is install the Fantastic fan setups in my MH ,, i will only have to install 2 ,, but from what i have seen ,, they work great ,, but i will have to run wires to the one in the front thru the ceiling ,, but no biggy ,, i guess that is another thing to put on my update list :stupid:

rjf7g

When we ordered our trailer from Ken, we ordered it with four Fantastic fans and had him install the Aero-flow vent covers once he got the trailer to his lot. We have a fan in each bedroom, one in the toilet room, and one right outside of the shower. It's great to be able to open a window slightly and turn the fan on low and forego the A/C for the night. I wish we had a fan in the kitchen/living room. We end up running the A/C on fan a lot, but it's not the same.