2011 RV Meet and Greet

G

well Jim ,, u will be ok on the dragon ,, just watch the posted speed ,, there is alot of cops up there right now ,, due to the time of the yr ,, but u also have to watch the shaded spots for water and leaves ,, our FD used to handle all the dragon ,, till we turned it over to Blount County fire ,, and the most stuff we seen was stupid riders ,, and foolish riders ,, most could have been avoided ,, but looking forward to u all coming ,, and from what i just seen on the long range forcast ,, looks to be another great M&G ,, so far .,, sun all week long and thru the weekend ,, highs in the mid to upper 80's ,, lows in the mid 60's to 50's ,, but at MR it will be cooler at night ,, since they are in the montains ,, but looks great for u to ride the tail all the way :excitement:

try2findus

We are on the way as well. We are actually just outside of Chattanooga passing through to Charlotte.

See you all soon!

brodavid

safe travels and soon for us also,
like my daughter just reminded me that it is least than a week till we leave

G

well looks like my plans are shot ,, due to somethings i have to take care of ,, i will not be able to come up till wed at the earlyest ,, i had planned on staying up there starting tomm night thru next weekend ,, but just my luck ,, plans all in the black hole ,, oh well ,, i will set up the MH on wed morning ,, and stay in it wed night ,, then have to go to town for more stuff on thurs ,, and i hope it only takes till noon ,, but friday and the weekend i will be there ,, man this really sucks ,, this is what i get for planning :mad:

H2H1

Well we have only 4 days and awake up and we are heading that way. We have started packing the MH. We started with some food and drinks, plus my Miller Light. I have gotten some fall clothes out of the closet getting ready to put them in tomorrow. Man time sure has flown by but looking to seeing some good friends

brodavid

everything is packed in the house ready to load when ready to leave, would come earlier, MSJ has to work
Sarah keeps reminding us how much time to go and what is on the chart to do, rain slowed us down a little getting the little trailer finished but it is done for now, plates on, insured, and painted.

TexasClodhopper

Jenny and I have now finished our work and will start packing the fragiles in earnest tomorrow (Sat.)

I'm sure that we will take our time. We have a couple of stops to make along the way. Unfortunately, our favorite Texas lake has all but gone bone dry. They spread most of its water over one of the huge wild fires in the area.

Our route includes the cities of Texarkana, TX; Memphis, TN; Nashville, TN; and we won't quite make it to Knoxville.

Not sure just exactly when we'll leave. Probably be there on Thursday.

akjimny

We're still on the way. We are in Wall, SD tonight, home of Wall Drug. Unfortunately we got in too later to go down to the store. We did visit last year on our way home from Alaska, so this would have beeen a return visit. Boss Lady had a rough day today. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow. Will be in Soiux City tomorrow night and then onward toward Tennessee. See you soon.:):)

H2H1

Steve it not to late,, you and wife can fly down and come and enjoy the fun with us.. You know you are always welcome.

big bilko

Have a great time at the meet and greet. Kaye and I will be thinking of you all.Have a cold one for me. BIG BILKO:applause::stupid:

brodavid

I stopped drinking over 36 years ago after I woke up in a strange area, a strange town and a different state that from where I started, so I figure that a Pepsi or Coke cola would have to do, and no I do not protest about anyone who likes to drink a beer or jelly shooter , just when the drinking starts to get a little heavy you will see me fade away so enjoy yourselves, this is my opion and no one else

DCLC

Looking forward to the M&G. This is not only our first M&G, but our first camping trip. Just bought the MH and haven't had time to use it. Short trip but very much looking forward to it. Better half has lots of questions on what to bring especially for the get together dinner. Any help would be appriciated. We'll be hitting everyone with loads of questions about RVing. Beware!

H2H1

Dave & Linda welcome, go ahead and ask away I am sure you will get a lot answers. As for what to cook or bring, thats up to you, anything and everything will be eaten. Myself and Maria will be doing a low country boil for everyone on Friday, on Saturday for pot luck dinner will be serving taco soup, potato salad,tomatoe and gabbage slaw. But I am sure other will bring there favorite meals. So just come and enjoy everyone company and have fun. We will pulling in on WED around 3-4 pm if all goes as planned. :)

TexasClodhopper

Dave, go to the website. There is some mention there about what others will be bringing.

Just bring YOUR favorite dish(s) in case you don't like anything else! ;)

try2findus

Welcome Dave and Linda!! We are looking forward to meeting you both.

We will be leaving Charlotte in the morning and can't wait to see the rest of the Gang! Safe travels to everyone and we'll see you soon! :D

G

well we have not even started this yr's M&G ,, and we are already talking about next yr's ,, Hollis has a place in GA ,, and i am trying to find a place in Colorado that i used to go to ,, it is Brummels Rocky Mountain Lodge ,, i had an email ,, but it is no longer any good ,, if any of u can find the web sight i would be very gratefull ,,, but so far that is 2 "maybes" we have for next yr