gas and diesel cost

LEN

Eat your hearts out, I just paid $3.07 a gallon. Well it was only for 30 gallons but it helps. We have Safeway grocery stores up here and you get points when you shop. You can build up to a dollar discount. Have one more to use. Regular discount is 3 cents so the other 12 gallons to top off was $4 and a couple cents. Every bit helps. Tomorrow is Zion National park.

LEN

ninjabunny

The way I see it is if you can not afford the gas then maybe you should sell he rv and go by plane it cost more to fly and rent a car because when you rent a car you are still paying for gas and not only that the hotel avarge price for a good hotel is arround 90 a night unless you want to ta in a roach motel so the way I see it overall it is still cheeper to take the RV andhave fun along the way life is short enjoy it everyday you can

H2H1

so Ninjabunny just what type od RV do you have? I see you have no signature like most of us do. And what part of Ga or beach do you live and like. So we can say that if gas gets 6 or 7.00 a gal. you would still be able to go? If so glad for you, I and I would guess most of us can't, SO ENJOY YOURSELF.

C Nash

If the only reason you rv is to save dollars forget it. Does the bass fisherman with the big bass boat and a dozen high priced rods not to mention the expensive lures buy all this to save the cost of fish in the market. No its a hobby they enjoy just as rving is. I think for most of us on fixed income there is a limit where we will have to call it quits, Just hope age gets me first.

ninjabunny

Mr. Hollis , i think i have all the info u need if you will check my account or what ever you call it . I own a 2010 Monaco Dynasty , 40 footer , and i am female and travel alone with only my dog , i have the money that is not the problem but i just hate to see other rvers not be able to go , it is sad . I go as i please at any cost . As far as where i live . I live in Smyrna .Ga and i store the Motor Home when not in use , but don't take it the wrong way , i do fly from time to time to the Bahamas where i have a condo . Also fly to Jamaca , i have friends there that put me up for the night or weekend . But mostly i like the West Coast Beaches . Nothing like California , Bell Air has the best shopping .

H2H1

ninjabunny so glad that you are blessed with wealth, as always enjoy your life as you see fit to.

ninjabunny

I am sorry, Mr. Hollis if I came on too strong with my first blog. I guess being a retired Lawyer you forget about the real world. But may I ask you this? Since I see that you live in Midland, Ga. How far is that from Smyrna? I need a trust worthy Recreational Vehicle Repair Person I can trust. Do you do your own work or do you hire someone to do it? I can not find anyone around here. The guy I had doing my service retired. He was in his late Fifties. But I need a person that can pick my Motorhome up from storage and service it. I will pay their travel time. But I want someone that I can send a set of keys for them to keep and be honest with me on what they do. Jake was the best. He did stuff for me you would not believe. I tried to tip him from time to time. Like giving him and extra $200.00 or $300.00 above the price he gave me. But he would not take it. But I need someone soon to get my Motorhome out of storage and get it ready for travels. If you can help me Mr. Hollis I would be more then gratefull. I am a little reluctant to trust anyone. I am a women on her own and I know how some will take advantage of women. Mostly in the repair business.

C Nash

Around Smyrna Ga you should be able to find an honest tech that you can trust. Can the guy that retired recommend someone?Meet rvers in your area and ask who they use. Do you drive the 40 footer yourself? If you do I admire you for it.

H2H1

well all is Ok. and welcome to the forum. I live about 100 miles South of Atlanta, and I know no one in that area. I do have a RV tech that does work on mine. I also know one in TN. who is OK, both has done work for me. I do all the oil, lube,and filters on mine and as much as I can on other things that needs to be done. it is getting time to break it out and get going. Sorry I can not help you out. take care and keep on posting on here on your travels.

ninjabunny

Thank you Mr. Hollis for the warm welcome. I hope the other members of this blog spot are this friendly. Mr. Chelse L. Nash. Yes I do drive my Motorhome myself. It is nothing for me to drive it. I grew up driving alot bigger vehicles then my Motorhome. My father owned a drilling and blasting company. He was contracted by states that needed new roads or highways thru mountains, or tunnels drilled and blasted. It was just my father and I , along with my two brothers who helped on these projects when we were younger. Until my father got a good business where he could hire more employess. My brother now runs the business and doing very well. I have driven an over the road truck, loaded with our drill equipment many miles. I am also sort of used to living on the road. We did not have Recreational Vehicles. We stayed in cheap motels. It was fun for me at that time, since I was young and we all got to see alot of the United States and parts of Canada.
Mr. Hollis. You said you have an Recreational Vehicle Mechanic that you use and trust? I would like to get in touch with him , if possible. Do you think he would come and get my Motorhome and service it , then bring it back to my home? You also said that you knew of one in Tennessee. I want to spend some time there. I have passed thru there but never really stayed. I would like to make a trip there and also up into North Carolina and into South Carolina. Then on to who knows where. I have the time to take in all of that.
Have you stayed in Tennessee, Mr. Hollis?
I feel awful that I am calling you by your real names and I have yet to introduce myself properly. My name is Niki. I got the ninjabunny from two things. My father used to call me his little bunny and I like Jackie Chan movies. I guess I have just put the two together and came up with my blog name.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Welcome ninjabunny, but MR. Hollis is gonna get a complex if you keep calling him MR. He is very sensitive about his age, lack of hair, and being retired...:triumphant:

Seriously, we all have a good time here and hope you join right in.

H2H1

dang ken,now you have screwed me up. I sent her a picture of Burt Reynold when he was doing Smokey and the Banit. when he had black hair and was in great shape. WELL there again I am in shape if ROUND is still a shape. Just kidding never sent a picture.

C Nash

Please drop the Mr from my name also Niki. All just frindly folks here that want to help and hear from other rvers. We did have a forum member here (Rod) that was very helpful and a honest rv tech. Think that is the one in Tn that Hollis mentioned. If you could get in touch with him he may even help you out. Maybe he will read your post and respond.

ninjabunny

I am sorry Chelse L. Nash if I offended you. I do not want to do that. What does Grandview Trailer Sales mean? Did i say something to MR. Hollis that was wrong? What did he mean for me to join right in? I would very much like to know how to address all of you. Do I call you by your screen name? Or by your real name?

H2H1

I am just plano Hollis, a good ole country boy, you can like me or not, that your decision, but no Mr. is required either way. Most of us go by our given name. GVTS is the name of Ken's company, he sale TT and 5th wheels trailers. I must say he is a very honest dealer, a good friend who gives me hell when ever he can, but it is all in fun.

C Nash

Ninja not offended at all just letting you know that Mr is not required. Chelse or Nash is fine. Join in just means what you are doing. Though sure you being a lawyer would understand. GVTS just meant that calling Hollis Mr will give him the bighead and then he will think he is above us LOL. Are you American? Reason for asking most will understand what we are saying. Those of us that know each other are always kidding each other. All here are just down to earth and do not pretend to be something we are not.

ninjabunny

Thank you Chelse for correcting me on how to address all of you properly. Being in the law business for so long I tend to be carefull of how and the way I write and respond to others. Chelse , why do you think I am not an American? I grew up in a little town of Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
I have been trying to to take in as much information as I can on this blog spot. I must say that there is alot of information and good blogs on this blog spot. I have been reading certain blogs in my free time and they were very informative. I have also been viewing the album section of this blog spot. I have noticed many very well taken photos in that area.

C Nash

Well hope I didnt offend you by asking if you were from the USA. It was just that we have a lot of other nationality people and they sometines have a problem understanding us as we do them. Cars really get interesting as some call the hoods bonnets and I cant remember what they call windshields. I find it interesting. yes there are tons of information here but just remember it is opinions and not gospel. Hope you find a local rv tech that will help. There should be plenty in the Atlanta area. Ck with local rvers and see who they recommend. Good luck

vanole

ninjabunny,

Heck Portsmouth is a thriving metropolis compared to Errol NH where I originally hail from.

Jeff

ninjabunny

Jeff, It is kind of funny how people can be from the same area. I have fished the Androscoggin River with one of my brothers in a boat many times when I had the chance.
I have been reading about the Meet & Greet you have. I have seen pictures of one of them. My question is. Is it an organized event that happens yearly? Do you all meet somewhere, then carvan to where you stay? I am very interested in this vinue. I must say that all of you represent a very well looking group of people.